Need to reinstall Cydia without Jailbreaking

sdotphillie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have tried many ways to reinstall Cydia because I have a substantial amount of errors from several repo's.

I've tried using winscp but the commands don't seem to work for me at all.

:confused:

Can anybody help & thanks in advance.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
For all intents and purposes...Cydia IS jailbreaking. There was a way to use Terminal and going through basically brain surgery on your iPhone in order to SEE if anything was leftover from Cydia to launch off of and install, but you also risk deleting very important pieces of your phone that would leave you completely screwed.

Also, that was back when the 3GS was new...i have no clue if this is even possible anymore after iOS was installed.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Just re-JB it's going to be the most foolproof method that wont run the risk of having you regret you didn't save the time and just re-JB.

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
If you can, SSH it over and install it using the SSH terminal.

su root
alpine or whatever your password is
cd /
cd location/of/file
dpkg -i cydiapackagename.deb

-Wait for it to finish-

killall SpringBoard

:)

Lanulos

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
If you can, SSH it over and install it using the SSH terminal.

su root
alpine or whatever your password is
cd /
cd location/of/file
dpkg -i cydiapackagename.deb

-Wait for it to finish-

killall SpringBoard

:)

Yeah, that works. Another way that doesn't require SSH or any special software on your computer, is to use iFile, if you have it:

In iFile, tap the WiFi icon on the bottom bar. It should display some text with an address at the end, something like 192.168.1.6:10000 (don't use that, use whatever yours says). Enter that address in your computer browser. You should get a root directory of your ipod showing on your browser, with an upload box. Navigate to /tmp and upload the cydia .deb file to your iPod. Then tap Done on iFile on your iPod. Navigate on your iPod to /tmp and tap the cydia .deb file you just put there. In the menu which will appear select Installer. It should now install the new Cydia.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal