Won't download greenpois0n on my mac

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Hello all. I have had an iPhone since the orignial and I am just now trying to jailbreak it and I know people that have it and use greenpois0n and it works well, so I tried to download it and everytime I do, it tells me it can't run on this systems architecture. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows what to do. Thanks anyone for the help I would really appreciate it. Oh, and I am on a powerbook g4 it is older from 2004, but I am running OS X 10.5.8 so I am not sure if that helps.

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have not had this problem with my mac, I running OSX 10.6.6. The only problem I have had with greenpoisi0n is when it was first released for the mac it crashed. I downloaded it about 2 weeks ago and I had no problems. What update is on your iphone running? Remember for greenposi0n to work you have to be at 4.1 or older. If your good there then I would make sure you downloaded it from a good site. You can find a good link on TiPb as I did. Also I am guessing you have to be running OSX 10.6.x. Hope this helps, let me know.

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
No, I have 4.2 is that the reason? I have to downgrade to 4.1 first? I was reading and saw something about downgrading but wasn't sure if it was necessary. How does one do that in a painless way?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It has nothing to do with the phone it has to do with your Mac. All the latest jailbreak utilities are written with the intel processor in mind, not the powermac. That's why you get the error about the architecture

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Oh so that means I basically can't download greenpoison then because I have an old computer? Wow, that is kind of garbage. So there is nothing I can do to get it?

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and if greenpoision does work, is there another jailbreak that will with my older mac?

:confused: I don't understand your question.

Did you mean to write, "if greenpoision doesn't work, is there another..."

If yes, then to answer; I don't think there is an alternative. You could try Limera1n, however you will have to find away to downgrade to 4.1 to use either.

Bare in mind any JB for OS 4.2 is only going to be tethered at the moment.

But I'm sure one of the resident JB experts will chime in with the hard facts.

Last edited:

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
No, I have 4.2 is that the reason? I have to downgrade to 4.1 first? I was reading and saw something about downgrading but wasn't sure if it was necessary. How does one do that in a painless way?

Greenpois0n does not work with 4.2. You have to use redsn0w.

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Greenpois0n does not work with 4.2. You have to use redsn0w.

Okay, yea I meant to say if greenpoison doesnt work ha. So I can use redsnow on my phone qith 4.2, but its tethered? That is okay I can deal with that I just want to finally be able to jailbreak my phone.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know there are no Mac jailbreak utilities that will run on the powerpc processor, all of them have moved to the x86 architecture. You'll need to find a friend with a newer Mac or a friend with a PC. Sorry.

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know there are no Mac jailbreak utilities that will run on the powerpc processor, all of them have moved to the x86 architecture. You'll need to find a friend with a newer Mac or a friend with a PC. Sorry.

I have a pc I can use, but I was wondering if that will screw up how I set up my jail break on my iphone if I downloaded it on a pc and one I dont have access to all the time? Or is the download to the comp a one time thing?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a pc I can use, but I was wondering if that will screw up how I set up my jail break on my iphone if I downloaded it on a pc and one I dont have access to all the time? Or is the download to the comp a one time thing?

It will only be a problem if you're on 4.2.1 and have a tethered jailbreak and need to reboot your phone =P

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I do have 4.2 because i had no intention of jailbreaking the phone before recently. hmm this is kind of a pain haha

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Then hold off on the jailbreak until there is an untethered jailbreak released and you won't need a PC nearby if you need to restart your machine.

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Then hold off on the jailbreak until there is an untethered jailbreak released and you won't need a PC nearby if you need to restart your machine.

Okay, so I have been reading about updates that will allow unthetered for 4.2 so I can wait until this happens. I was researching redsnow and that works with 4.2 but is thethered which isint so bad I think.

Scratch that, I can't use redsnow either with my older mac haha oh well.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Okay, so I have been reading about updates that will allow unthetered for 4.2 so I can wait until this happens. I was researching redsnow and that works with 4.2 but is thethered which isint so bad I think.

Scratch that, I can't use redsnow either with my older mac haha oh well.

Exactly, you can't run anything on your old Mac, so you need to wait for an untethered solution so you can use the PC that you don't always have access to, to jailbreak your device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW