Jailbreak Restore

gsmth00

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Quick question on restoring after a jailbreak...

I know that you can continue to sync with iTunes after jailbreaking, which means that iTunes should still be up to date with all of the photos, apps, contacts, etc that you have added to your phone while jailbroken.

If/when you wanted to restore your phone to 'factory' condition after a jailbreak however, would doing so revert it back to the point in time right before the initial jailbreak or would it restore it but still keep the latest information? I know you go in and choose the IPSW file when you do the restore, so I just want to confirm that that particular files get updated with each subsequent sync.

I hope that makes sense. I basically just want to make sure that I wouldn't lose all of the information I've added to my phone over the course of a long time being jailbroken.

Thanks.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You'll restore it to new first and put whichever firmware on you want/need. Then you'll restore to your last backup (when jailbroken). This will restore all your music, pics, contacts, and iTunes apps.

Reactions: gsmth00

gsmth00

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
So when initially prompted, I would choose to 'setup as new phone' as opposed to actually 'restoring'? And then I would go in after the fact and restore it to my last IPSW file? Is that correct...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Why are you syncing apps and contacts back if you're then going to restore from backup? I'd just go straight from restoring as new to restoring to backup.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I guess its just a routine that I have become comfortable with, not saying its the only way to do things, just how i have done them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice