How much would you be willing to pay for an untethered jailbreak?

How much would you be willing to pay for an untethered jailbreak?

• $10

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • $25

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • $40

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • $50 or more?

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
IF it were to ever be commercialized how much do you be willing to pay?

liked discussed in other threads, i think there are some, if not most, that would be willing to pay to get an untethered jailbreak in a "timely manner"

how deep are your pockets?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think the only JB I'd pay for would be one that somehow let me update my iOS software without forcing me to re-jailbreak/reinstall my JB apps. That would be worth paying for.

wcarlson40#IM

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I would be willing to "donate" $20-$30, but given that they are modifying proprietary Apple source code, I think charging would violate some legal agreements, and Apple would definately put a stop to it :(

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I would pay for a permanant solution, but we know that's not possible. So I would be more inclined to donate over buying a JB.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
If you all had the choice of:

1. Stock iPhone- no jb possible- no tweaks- no mods- no nothing
2. Crappy dysfunctional Android phone
3. $50 for jb iPhone that can be tweaked to the max

I'll bet the majority of you would pick #3

Pocobear

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to say I am that addicted, though I would cringe at $50, if it were good enough and reasonably bug free, well?:D And maybe good for the next two Apple updates at least.:)

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I would choose #3, you are right.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

i would pick option #3 without a thought

catadjuster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been JB'd for a couple of months now, and I know that I haven't taken advantage of even 5% of what I can do with a JB iP4, but I'm really not that impressed at this point. Now that 4.2 is out, every time I connect to iTunes it asks me to update, but I haven't yet. Some apps say that I have to update to 4.2 to use them now, but I'm having to wait until 4.2 is jailbroken (don't want to now since it's tethered and I'd just have to do it again). Since it looks like I have to JB every time a new version comes out, it looks to be a bit hassle.

So to answer the question, $5 tops.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There can be so many JBs based on the number of firmware updates so if I paid once and was able to get the new JBs then 50 and above would be fine. I would also be open to an upgrade price like going from 3.x to iOS 4 I'd also be open again to $40 with a $5 upgrade etc. The problem is after being free and with Apple's firmware being free it's going to be hard to justify.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I would be willing to "donate" $20-$30, but given that they are modifying proprietary Apple source code, I think charging would violate some legal agreements, and Apple would definately put a stop to it :(

This has been one of the best responses.

Would i pay for one? Sure. A jailbreak easily worth it.

But I don't see it happening. Doesn't keep with the hacker mentality. Plus, they'd have to organize into a business, pay taxes, set up a target for Apple, deal with customers :p, etc. Good luck with that.

And then someone else will come along (geohot, geekynerdx or whatever) and release a free one. Heck, i expect someone else to release something before the devteam gets its act together.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
But I don't see it happening. Doesn't keep with the hacker mentality. Plus, they'd have to organize into a business, pay taxes, set up a target for Apple, deal with customers :p, etc. Good luck with that.

Sounds like the Cydia store. Duh. Bet you didn't see that happening either.

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

Option 1 for me.

Although my iP4 is jailbroken, I still thought the iPhone 4 was already a good piece of kit out of the box. The JB just enhances it; with some cool and most importantly some useful tweaks.

But I doubt I would pay upwards of $40. ..$100 is just crazy!:eek:

If developers want to go into that territory by charging for the JB, I think they would do better in making it donation based. Therefore those who WANT to pay more they can. Don't forget not everyone JB's for the same reasons.

catadjuster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think another way to look at it is this: I'm not going to pay Best Buy a cover charge to get in the door so I can buy their merchandise, why would I do it anywhere else, including JB?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2