Help: Failing in attempt to jailbreak an unactivated iPhone 2G?

bj.pech

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
My problem:

I bought an iPhone 2G from a friend. It was never jailbroken. It has been deactivated by apple when my friend bought an iPhone 4. I have a regular ATT phone without a data plan. I want to use my iPhone 2G with my current ATT sim a- as a regular phone, and b- as a internet device using wifi. I do not want to buy an ATT data plan.

Using the iPhone configuration utility, I know my iPhone 2G is running the software version 3.1.3 (7E18). The only screen I can currently get on my iPhone is one that requests I connect to iTunes. When I connect to iTunes, iTunes asked me to activate the phone by upgrading my current att plan and buying a data plan, which I do not want to do.

My PC runs Windows 7. I also have access to a MacBook.

I have tried every method I found to jailbreak my phone (using my Windows 7 PC), and they all fail:
1- QuickPwn225-2 crashes when I start it.
2- Redsn0w-win_94 stops saying: "unable to recognize specified IPSW" regarless of which ipsw I try to open: iPhone1,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw or iPhone1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw

Please help me if you have succeeded to jailbreak a deactivated iPhone 2G configured with software 3.1.3 (7E18)!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Like I said in the other thread where you posted this - if you want to use an iPhone on AT&T, you need the data plan. No amount of jailbreaking will change that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2