Jailbreaking a new Ipad with 4.2.1

pyrogram

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got a new Ipad with 4.2.1 and heard there was an untethered JB coming up for it. Problem is, from what I've been reading we need to have some backup stuff saved from previous versions to be able to use it. My question is, having bought it with 4.2.1 already, will I be able to use this untethered jailbreak or should I just go for the tethered one?

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Keep watching the devteam blog and you will know when we know, until then it is all speculation and twitter posts.

It appears it will be an updated version of redsn0w and use the 4.2b3 shsh IPSW image. I don't think that is still being signed but go get tiny umbrella and check.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
No one knows for sure yet. You can use Redsn0w right now and have a tethered jailbreak, obviously not as good as having an untethered jailbreak, but also better than nothing. From the looks of it right now, it may be even longer for us to get the untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1. But as far as having to have SHSH blobs to jailbreak untethered, we will just have to wait and see when it comes out.