IOS 5 wish

SouthToy

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I wish apple might redesign the iOS on the iPhone. Ive owned a iPhone since the 3G. And after so many years I'm getting bored of the look. Not bored enough to switch to droid or other phone but bored none the less. What u guys think???

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well one thing I hope for is better notifications. Why should you be interrupted with your movie by a stupid purple pop up?.

as far as a redesign. I say its time. The cartoon-ish lookinmg UI is nice at the start, but gets old real quick. Just look at Windows XP or even the first few generations of OSX.

How exactly would you like the OS to be designed?

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, time for a redesign, maybe not completely, the current interface is very easy to use. Also, maybe a new keyboard? I'm happy with the built in, but still...

SouthToy

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah notifications are top of the list. But im just hoping for something for some different design. Somethin to break the monotony of the same design since 2007

Gadgetholik

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

I know,everybody is bored of the same look and feel of iOS.But till the time iOS 5 launches i suggest you jailbreak your iphone and install winterboard from cydia to give your iphone icons a complete makeover.This should help for the time being.Regards.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ Fail.

The cartoon-ish lookinmg UI is nice at the start, but gets old real quick.

I disagree...i hope they completely stay away from the other designs, like HTC's overly cluttered and cheesy interface, thinking that widgets all over the home screen is what people actually want. If there is something i give the new windows phones credit for, it's the fact that they are simple and cleanly laid out...

If iOS 5 has anything changed i'd agree with the notification system...there's plenty of room to improve things in that department. The layout itself could use slight changes here and there, but an overall change is certainly not needed because it works, and it works well...enough to keep iOS as the preferred phone operating system, even with the handful of other systems out there.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I find it hilarious that Android users like Chris up there will call iOS cartoonish, and say it has no customizability, and then they'll praise webOS. webOS has the most childish, cartoony UI of anything and you can't even put apps on the home screen nevermind widgets.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I find it hilarious that Android users like Chris up there will call iOS cartoonish, and say it has no customizability, and then they'll praise webOS. webOS has the most childish, cartoony UI of anything and you can't even put apps on the home screen nevermind widgets.

100% agree...it's almost to a point of annoyance. It honestly looks like a computer with a ton of pop windows open, in my opinion...Apple keeps the iPhone clean and tidy, it could use a few customization features but a revamp of the iOS would be foolish...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Clearly iOS is the most successful OS out there, which is evidenced by their sales and customer satisfaction, app revenue, number of users on android and blackberry who want an iPhone, etc...

There's no reason for Apple to believe they need a complete overhaul. But I have a feeling they will do something drastic some time soon just because they feel like it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@jayhoffa
That won't happen, but you can already do that with the accessibility zoom enabled by double tapping with 3 fingers and dragging to your desired zoom level.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I concur with others about the horrible notifications on iOS. In every other sense, it's a gorgeous, well-thought out system, but it was designed for an occasional pop-up, but not a bunch. I miss stuff all the time. When I'm at work, during that eight to 12 hour period, it's off. When I turn it on, I get overwhelmed with notifications, and once the first one comes, the rest are overwritten. Then I wind up missing information and it's beyond aggravating. Apple needs to fix this. Make it more elegant. Don't cause it to take over the screen. Give me the option to dismiss or save for later.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
@ Sean. I guess your display picture sums you up real well. Have you even used a HTC phone before? You know that clock widget can be changed and even removed right? Also there is an update to sense that will polish things up.

I concur with others about the horrible notifications on iOS. In every other sense, it's a gorgeous, well-thought out system, but it was designed for an occasional pop-up, but not a bunch. I miss stuff all the time. When I'm at work, during that eight to 12 hour period, it's off. When I turn it on, I get overwhelmed with notifications, and once the first one comes, the rest are overwritten. Then I wind up missing information and it's beyond aggravating. Apple needs to fix this. Make it more elegant. Don't cause it to take over the screen. Give me the option to dismiss or save for later.

I said before there are two ways they can do this. One, you swipe to the left where the search box is at and list them bellow it. They could also have it where you double tap the home button, the notifcation icon will be the first icon on that tray. Tap it and a folders like UI will slide up showing you all the notifcations with an option to "clear all"

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
@ Sean. I guess your display picture sums you up real well. Have you even used a HTC phone before? You know that clock widget can be changed and even removed right? Also there is an update to sense that will polish things up."

Personal shots again sweetheart? Are you still in here?

As far as your retort, what difference does it make whether or not the widget can be changed or removed? It's one PIECE of an overall cheesy layout in my opinion, and an update can't change the basic design that they gave it...it will just make it a little cluttered (maybe).

One of my good friends that i see almost daily has the HTC Droid Incredible, i've actually played with it a good bit, I'm certainly not a fan of the droid OS, but on the HTC phone, it reminded me of an unpolished, scattered mess...but i'm not here to talk about my opinion of the HTC phones, this is an iPhone forum that this thread is posted in...and still one HUGE question i have in regards to why you're still posting in here.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would get over it if you had anything worth saying in here...thus far you've got the attitude of a jealous 7 year old, with the logical comprehension of a small tree sloth...are the HTC boards that boring to where all you can do is post useless and moot comments in an iPhone forum, to which you have no relevance to? Pitiful...

Reactions: BLiNK

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner