mobile terminal will not launch

louisxv11

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
My 3GS on iOS 4.1 is jailbroken with GP. Most of the popular Cydia apps run perfectly - SBS settings, Lockinfo etc. but 2 which don't run are APTbackup and Mobile Terminal. They download and install, but when tapped, their launch screen appears for a millisecond and then I go back to my homescreen. I thought that maybe they were not iOS4 compatible but on-line sources say they are. Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Thanks a lot! J

louisxv11

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Already did this..

Thanks for your answer. I have re-installed my firmware and jailbroken again twice over and these 2 programs have failed to run each time. Would there be any point in trying limera1n or redsnow instead?

louisxv11

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a million Thunderkeys!

I did just as it says (using the brilliant "Phoneview" to install the deb file) and now it works. There must be loads of people who have experienced this same frustration. How come users are not informed of this on the Cydia "Mobile Terminal" page?

Happy Christmas! J

PS, now can you help me (and maybe lots of others) to get APTbackup working? I tried installing it (ver 1.1.8) as a deb file into var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall the same as with mobile terminal but it still will not launch in my iOS 4.1 device.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW