4.2.1 untethered is almost here... My Foot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, maybe the personal attacks were not the best idea... I will leave it up to them to correct me.

Interesting thread though.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Tsk tsk

It's interesting how LongShadows and Alli have not mentioned that they would pay for the JB. Instead, they are ready to take something for free and not give back.
And how do you know that neither LongShadows and Alli have not given back in some way shape or form? And conversely, since JB has been freely given to date, which I assume you have taken advantage of, how have YOU given back?

Why do I get the feeling that they are also the ones that will walk past the Salvation Army bell ringers at Christmas without thinking twice about donating...
Ouch. That's really insulting.

C'mon... I thought TiPb was better than this.....really....

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
@crystus - I do not think that you have any real perception of reality. Money is not a motivator? Are you kidding. Many are not in the JB scene these days because they do not have the time to mess with it. How often do you contribute 100+ hours to something that does not pay money?

@BLINK - It has to be "bug free"? I am in favor of it being tested to death but I realize that there will be problems. Apple, Microsoft, and all companies release products that later have bugs. It's part of it.

@farbod - I am being patient... even though it does not sound like it and I understand the whole cat and mouse game and the coders need to not let Apple know what their plan is... I just really want to experience a JB iPad.

Thanks all for contributing. Enjoy your day.

I have a great perception of reality. I understand how business and things work. And I understand the concept of money as a motivator. That was some of the subjects that we covered for my MBA. The hacking scene has typically been an abberation when viewed through the current models of understanding. Look back at the hacker ethos through the years and you will see that what they have done has been provided free for the betterment of the community. Do they accept gifts and such, yes they do. We can all attest to Geo getting the car for the first jailbreak with the original iphone. But to say that money is their sole motivator or would be their sole motivator is a fallacy. They want superiority. It is the feeling that no matter what apple throws at them they can overcome it. That no matter how good apple employees and coding gets they can beat them. That is their motivation and anything else that they get is just icing on the cake. Have I donated to them? yes. will I continue to donate to them? yes i will. I will also continue to buy their apps from cydia. And I have contributed a significant amount of my time and not received financial compensation for it quite often.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
oneself, for someone new to the game you are incredibly rude. While normally I wouldn't even dignify your comments with a response, all you have to do is search older jailbreak threads to see that I have donated to whichever dev released the jb.

As to the other nasty comments that nobody should ever make towards someone they don't know...don't ever question a teacher's or a soldier's sense of giving. Start now, you might approach my level by your next lifetime.

Devorikk

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Paying, not paying...I don't really think either of these were the original point of this thread.....I want to say it's the usage of the term "almost" by Farbod on December 8th...

Why say anything at all? I could be wrong, but I think that's the only reason this thread exists anyway.

--Dev

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
oneself, for someone new to the game you are incredibly rude. While normally I wouldn't even dignify your comments with a response, all you have to do is search older jailbreak threads to see that I have donated to whichever dev released the jb.

As to the other nasty comments that nobody should ever make towards someone they don't know...don't ever question a teacher's or a soldier's sense of giving. Start now, you might approach my level by your next lifetime.

During one part of your comment, you find it appalling that I "comment" on someone that I do not know, but yet, you attempt to stroke your own ego by comparing your "level" in life to mine. I find that very funny and yes, you fell for the bait.

You do not know me. If that is you in the photo, you have a many decades of age on me and from what I and others can tell, you are and I on the same website at the same time.... I'm not sure how you think you trump me with your many posts but if that makes you sleep better at night, that is great.

Last edited:

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Paying, not paying...I don't really think either of these were the original point of this thread.....I want to say it's the usage of the term "almost" by Farbod on December 8th...

Why say anything at all? I could be wrong, but I think that's the only reason this thread exists anyway.

--Dev

Your post is a perfect example as to why Alli is wrong when it comes to thinking that her posts count allows her to be superior over us.

You hit the nail on the head.

Don't say almost unless it means something. I respect Farbod a lot as he has given back to the community much more than many others, but I would prefer to not hear anything or a "they are working on it" update than an "almost". Imagine if Apple came to us with a, "The white iPhone is almost ready." This group would wet their pants thinking it was next week.

Reactions: Devorikk

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
LOL. I see this is all my fault. I see now that my post was probably a mistake. After speaking with some people who assured me that one way or another an untethered JB would be released over last weekend, I decided to post so that people who might upgrade out of impatience would hold off for a few more days...

There seemed to be some drama with SHAtter being leaked and released on pastie. As we all know, chronic dev team decided to hold off using SHAtter in the hopes that Apple wouldnt patch it for the iPad2/iPhone5 and we could already have an exploit in pocket. Well someone ruined all that by leaking it and cleaning up the mess sidetracked the plans for untethering 4.2.1.

I'll take it as lesson learned and not post this type of announcement again... Sorry if I caused anyone any anxiety ;)

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I think this is a perfect time for somebody to close this thread, it has gotten way out of hand.

Couldn't agree with you more. This thread has turned into nothing but a spitting match.

One member made a comment about TiPb being better than this, we are. Come on guys, the reason we are here is to help eachother out and discuss tech, if you're here to bicker and troll, take it elsewhere.

On that note, thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73