3G reset to factory and/or get jb help pls

uberspeed

Jan 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Newb here with iphones :eek:
Read the FAQ and guides to familiarize myself. Got an old 3G just to play with. Mistakenly updated to Version 4.2.1 (8C148)

Info on handset:
Version 4.2.1 (8C148) as stated above
Model MB499L
Modem Firmware 05.15.04

I used redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6 for jailbreak and it's been a mess really. Slow as can be, cydia runs but winterboard and sbsettings don't run well and keep crashing. At this point I'm just trying to reset to factory but keep getting error 9's and the restore to factory fails. I've searched the forums and google didn't come up with much.
TIA

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Newb here with iphones :eek:
Read the FAQ and guides to familiarize myself. Got an old 3G just to play with. Mistakenly updated to Version 4.2.1 (8C148)

Info on handset:
Version 4.2.1 (8C148) as stated above
Model MB499L
Modem Firmware 05.15.04

I used redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6 for jailbreak and it's been a mess really. Slow as can be, cydia runs but winterboard and sbsettings don't run well and keep crashing. At this point I'm just trying to reset to factory but keep getting error 9's and the restore to factory fails. I've searched the forums and google didn't come up with much.
TIA

Download the ipsw or dmg and use shift (option on mac) restore method to restore...

uberspeed

Jan 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
It doesn't run very well though as winterboard and sbsettings crash all the time. I didn't enable multitasking either since on another thread I saw it was giving folks issues (I'm very used to this so that sucks!). Perhaps I shouldn't update Cydia when I launch it the first time?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR