Backgrounder vs ios 4.0 multitasking?

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone! Which do you think is better? I'm debating weather to download backgrounder with pro switcher or multiflow or just leave it. How's the battery life with backgrounder? Do you see a difference? And one more thing....if I download it, how would that work? With backgrounder and pro switcher AND Apples multitasking.

Thanks in advanced!

Stef

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
IOS multitasking.
it have multi-tasking off by default ; warn it may decrease battery life or affect performance if turned on (ala "3G")- mine~

Capnjackk

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and turned multi tasking off on my iPhone 4 with MyOS to see a difference in battery life. I've noticed a slight increase; I can tell the phone runs a little faster when opening & closing applications.

andrewp23

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i used to use backgrounder before ios4.0 came out with multitasking and i just use the multitasking as its legit and is perfect just as good as backgrounder except its not an extra thing to install and its legit :)

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Backgrounder was very necessary under 3.x but I don't find myself wanting it in 4.x. The last state used thing naively does what I want and doesn't get closed on me. Backgrounder used to quit a lot when the OS needed memory.

Now that all the apps I care about native support 4.x multitasking life is good and I don't need backgrounder at all. If you find yourself using backgrounder for something these days you should likely bug the dev for native support updates IMO.

DJ Hellfire

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I just use the stock multitasker in combo with SwitcherPlus! SwitcherPlus lets you close all multitasked apps at once, except ones you specify it not to. I have it close all apps except email, phone, and bitesms! Works great!

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Backgrounder was very necessary under 3.x but I don't find myself wanting it in 4.x. The last state used thing naively does what I want and doesn't get closed on me. Backgrounder used to quit a lot when the OS needed memory.

Now that all the apps I care about native support 4.x multitasking life is good and I don't need backgrounder at all. If you find yourself using backgrounder for something these days you should likely bug the dev for native support updates IMO.

I have backgrounder running on my iPhone 4 but only for apps that dont support iOS4 multitasking, such as Twitter for iPhone. Via Backgrounder, Twitter keeps running in the background as well as updating my stream of tweets from those im following.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh