Help Jailbreaking AT&T iPhone 3G for T-Mobile UK

Chrisn1959

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi i have a Iphone 3g 8gb locked on the AT&T network from America
my problem is i now have the phone in the UK and want to use it on T-Mobile UK
the ios firmware is 3.1.2 (7d11) the modem firmware is 05.12.01

when i got the phone back to the UK it was asking to be activated by iTunes
but i did not do this as it was going to install the latest Ios 4.2 i was warned not to install the latest Ios

so i took the phone to a local phone shop that could not unlock it but did manage to open it so i can use all the apps .. as you would get with an iTouch
one thing is troubling me is on the Cydia app when i press it it just says "Loading Data" then reverts back to the main menu after a few seconds !

can anyone please point me in the right direction as im not too good with Computers
Chris :confused:

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I'm no expert but I'd just use BlackRa1n to Jailbreak it and BlackSn0w to unlock. I think that's still 1-click for iPhone 3G on 3.1.2.

Go to blackweather, download the right version for Windows or Mac. Plug your iPhone in, run BlackRa1n, click the button, then go on your Jailbroken iPhone, click the BlackRa1n button, and hit BlackSn0w to unlock it.

Reactions: Chrisn1959

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
You have a 3G... I would use pwnagetool to upgrade to 4.2.1 (which would keep your baseband firmware at 05.12.01) and then use ultrasn0w. Do NOT check the iPad baseband option since you are already at an unlockable baseband...

Since you have a 3G you will be completely untethered and unlocked.

If you want to stay at 3.1.2 then Rene's directions are perfect...

Last edited:
Reactions: Chrisn1959

Chrisn1959

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
thank you for both replys guys
but no one has mentioned the Cydia app not working ok ?
Please Advise will a new Jailbreak rectify this ?
Chris