4.2 jailbreak?

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Does any one know if PwnageTool will jailbreak my iphone4 running 4.2.1?PwnageTool doesn't seem to get a lot of attention on TiPb any reason? If not any update on when an untethered jailbreak is coming?

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i have thought about redsn0w but was worried about being tethered. I know all of the rebooting my phone did on limera1n this would cause an issue. Any ideas ? Oh and when my phone needs to reboot I know I have to connect it to a computer when its tethered How does this work, like a restore?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
i have thought about redsn0w but was worried about being tethered. I know all of the rebooting my phone did on limera1n this would cause an issue. Any ideas ? Oh and when my phone needs to reboot I know I have to connect it to a computer when its tethered How does this work, like a restore?

Both redsn0w and pwnagetool are tethered on the iPhone4, makes no difference.

Basically you start up redsn0w again, click on Just reboot tethered and it will reboot your phone. Takes about 30 seconds.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I am running the redsn0w tethered jailbreak on my iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.1 and haven't had a single issue yet. I rebooted once today by choice to test something and it took like 30 seconds to get it back up. It's easy to deal with.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I am running the redsn0w tethered jailbreak on my iPhone 4 on iOS 4.2.1 and haven't had a single issue yet. I rebooted once today by choice to test something and it took like 30 seconds to get it back up. It's easy to deal with.

.....If you have your computer nearby. My life runs by Murphy's Laws. A reboot will happen when I am furthest from my computer.

mais183

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Glitches with jailbreak?!

Hello,

Does anyone know of/or experienced the glitch I have had since jailbreak using redsn0w.

After jailbreak etc, my iphone will require restarting the springboard every time I receive a SMS message.

I have re-booted (tethered) but still this seems to happen!

I am considering just using the phone as it was intended as I have heard other instances of the phone slowing down or just not being as responsive.

Does anyone really think that jailbreaking is worth it, as I am yet to find software in Cydia that really makes it worth doing? I understand that some people like to have pretty icons and maybe the SBSettings is useful sometimes but is it really worth it as it is quite capable of doing everything without jailbreak. I mean I can access the iphone from my mac, like a flash drive (using app store software).

I have, since restoring the iphone, found that most of the software obtainable after jailbreak is in one way or another available from app store.

The only real things I have seen worth having are for developers who need to gain access to the OS root for development reasons.

Winterboard is not really worth jailbreaking for (novelty wears off), installous (same as winterboard), and i can make ringtones with app store software (ringtones)......

I am yet to see the advantage......i know people will say "well dont jailbreak then mate, its your choice!!"

Yes i know that, but can anyone explain to me the real benefit to jailbreaking!!!

The only one reason i can see for jailbreaking a perfectly working iphone is so that sim-locked phones can be unlocked to any network.

Any other reasons i would be interested to know about, so please can someone advise me on why i should jailbreak my iphone.

Sorry for the long post!!!

Mais

iPhone 3GS(16Gb) iOS 4.2.1
Unlocked to any network (BB-05.15.04)

Reactions: TrevMoore

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Does anyone know of/or experienced the glitch I have had since jailbreak using redsn0w.

After jailbreak etc, my iphone will require restarting the springboard every time I receive a SMS message.

I have re-booted (tethered) but still this seems to happen!

I am considering just using the phone as it was intended as I have heard other instances of the phone slowing down or just not being as responsive.

Does anyone really think that jailbreaking is worth it, as I am yet to find software in Cydia that really makes it worth doing? I understand that some people like to have pretty icons and maybe the SBSettings is useful sometimes but is it really worth it as it is quite capable of doing everything without jailbreak. I mean I can access the iphone from my mac, like a flash drive (using app store software).

I have, since restoring the iphone, found that most of the software obtainable after jailbreak is in one way or another available from app store.

The only real things I have seen worth having are for developers who need to gain access to the OS root for development reasons.

Winterboard is not really worth jailbreaking for (novelty wears off), installous (same as winterboard), and i can make ringtones with app store software (ringtones)......

I am yet to see the advantage......i know people will say "well dont jailbreak then mate, its your choice!!"

Yes i know that, but can anyone explain to me the real benefit to jailbreaking!!!

The only one reason i can see for jailbreaking a perfectly working iphone is so that sim-locked phones can be unlocked to any network.

Any other reasons i would be interested to know about, so please can someone advise me on why i should jailbreak my iphone.

Sorry for the long post!!!

Mais

iPhone 3GS(16Gb) iOS 4.2.1
Unlocked to any network (BB-05.15.04)

There are many threads on this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thepher

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mais183,

I have not experienced your glitch, however do have some thoughts on wether it is worth jailbreaking or not. As the software updates include more and more there is less and less reason to really jailbreak. Originally there were lots of reasons to but today the only JB apps I have and the only reason I still jailbreak is for 1.) iblacklist 2.) quicksms 3.)mifi 4.) the app to get FaceTime on 3G. Without those 4 I would have no reason to. If an app like iblacklist came to the app store I would unjailbreak and just live without the others. Hope this helps.

mais183

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Thepher,

Thanks for the response.

Im quite suprised that i wasnt attacked more than that by the jailbreak vs apple community, for being pro apple or something.

Im not sure but having just looked on itunes i found an app called blacklist.

Dont know if any good to ya but looks like it blacklists various known numbers and you can add ones.

Vietalogy.....why didnt you stick a couple of links up for me?????

I dont know where these posts are!

Cheers all

Mais :)

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I am jailbroken with an iphone 4 on 4.2. I have not have that problem with restarting my springboard after every text message. Are you using a jailbreak SMS app? If you are remove it via cydia. I have not found one that works with 4.2 yet. I feel the value in jailbreaking is saving time with SB settings and calendar lock (lock info does not support 4.2). Also mywi and my3g is so worth jailbreaking.

mais183

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
mdpatsfan, nah not jailbreak sms....just standard sms.

I am seriously finding that my iphone is much quicker and very much more responsive than when it was jailbroken last week.

Thanks for the pointers but I think its actually not worth the trouble and like Thepher said in his/her post "Originally there were lots of reasons to".

So on that note im gonna take the stay original road......the phone works better!

Cheers all

Mais :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR