Updated Ultrasn0w has a battery drain problem...

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
This problem only seems to affect those using hactivation with Ultrasn0w. If you can get your hands on a sim card, simply swap it in anytime to properly activate your phone. Otherwise, you will have to deal with this issue until a fix is released...

Nehemoth

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
How works the Sim Card Activation?.

I know that I need an AT&T card (my Phone came from USA), but do I just need to insert the card and hit activate?..

c0rinne

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I think you can also fix by installing Push Doctor, at least that's what worked for me (I read the thread on Dev-Team Blog).

From what I read, the problem was that the iphone is constantly using data (either 3g/edge or wifi) to download proper push certificates (you should be able to tell by looking at your data usage--I logged into my.t-mobile.com account to check out the usuage and it was the highest last night while I was sleeping). I installed push doctor and it stopped doing that.

But when I installed push doctor, I actually had to uninstall, restart my iphone, and re-install because it didn't work the first time I tried.

Directions for Push Doctor install: Push Doctor : Free Push Fix for hacktivated iPhone’s | jailbreak

Maybe it's wishful thinking by my iPhone is no longer running hot, nor is the battery draining faster than normal (and push works of course).

Reactions: kellyp513

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Update #6: Developer @sbingner (author of TetherMe) has made some excellent progress devising a new hactivation method that kills two birds with one stone for all you ultrasn0w unlockers. His tool, ?Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)? tricks your iPhone and iTunes into creating legitimate activation tickets even though you?re unlocked with ultrasn0w. This means you get the full benefit of push applications, and your battery life increases substantially. If you?d like to try it out, check out Subscriber Artificial Module

To help make it easier to try out @sbingner?s tool, we?ve updated redsn0w to include a new ?Deactivate? option for the 3G and 3GS. Use this option *after* you?ve installed SAM?it will remove the normal patches made to lockdownd and let SAM take over. (sbingner plans on making a button to do this within SAMPrefs too). Great work, @sbingner!

kellyp513

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I think you can also fix by installing Push Doctor, at least that's what worked for me (I read the thread on Dev-Team Blog).

From what I read, the problem was that the iphone is constantly using data (either 3g/edge or wifi) to download proper push certificates (you should be able to tell by looking at your data usage--I logged into my.t-mobile.com account to check out the usuage and it was the highest last night while I was sleeping). I installed push doctor and it stopped doing that.

Thank you so much for posting this. I bought my 3gs already jb and unlocked and am on t-mobile. I had to turn off cellular data to get good battery life (when it was on I also had high data usage when I wasn't using the phone).

I installed Push Doctor about an hour ago, have cellular data on and my battery % hasn't budged - normally I would have lost about 15%-20% in that time!

The Coolest

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Push Doctor.

Battery is at 52% after 7 hours of use! Thanks Push Doctor. I did SAM procedure twice and had no benefit at all. I even restored my phone to make sure I wasn't leaving any steps out and SAM did not help. Push Doctor fixed my battery.

Before Push Doctor my usage would continually climb without any use. After push Doctor there is very little usage even under use.

If you are like me and did the SAM thing with no sucess do yourself a favor and get with the Doctor.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73