Sbsettings apple killswitch? numeric battery?

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi everyone, I was just looking through the settings in sbsettings in the more category and in SYS options, I noticed that "Apple Killswitch" is ON. I googled it but I still don't understand it completely. should it be on or off? secondly, when I switch on numeric battery, there is a 2% difference between Apple's percent and sbsettings. ex: normal=75% with numeric battery on=73%.

Thanks!

Stef

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I believe the sbsettings numeric is a more accurate than Apple's. Also with kill switch off basically keeps Apple from doing anything to your device remotely. Say an app gets pulled from the store and Apple wants to kill the app so it would no longer work they would use that to make sure the app no longer works for anyone. If you have it on that can kill it on your device and if you have it off, it's the other way around. I would leave it on just to be safe. If an app has malicious code in it, that means your safe when apple goes to remove it.

Sorry if that seemed like a ramble, but I hope it made sense

Reactions: ferraristef

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I believe the sbsettings numeric is a more accurate than Apple's. Also with kill switch off basically keeps Apple from doing anything to your device remotely. Say an app gets pulled from the store and Apple wants to kill the app so it would no longer work they would use that to make sure the app no longer works for anyone. If you have it on that can kill it on your device and if you have it off, it's the other way around. I would leave it on just to be safe. If an app has malicious code in it, that means your safe when apple goes to remove it.

Sorry if that seemed like a ramble, but I hope it made sense

Thanks! this makes sense, so i should use the numeric battery from sbsettings right?

Thanks again!

Stef

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods