redsn0w help...iPhone 4

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded redsn0w to jailbreak and when I try to jailbreak it asks for my IPSW for my current firmware...not sure where to find this info? I have tinyumbrella and using a Mac.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I downloaded redsn0w to jailbreak and when I try to jailbreak it asks for my IPSW for my current firmware...not sure where to find this info? I have tinyumbrella and using a Mac.

What firmware are you trying to jailbreak? What is your current firmware?

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
oh, when this is done downloading, which IPSW do I select? the one for 03.10.01? Sorry never had to do this before.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
oh, when this is done downloading, which IPSW do I select? the one for 03.10.01? Sorry never had to do this before.

I take it your phone is already running 4.2.1. And yes you will be choosing the IPSW you just downloaded. Keep it somewhere you can access quickly, as you will need it EVERYTIME you reboot and retether.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Exactly why Im holding off on updating my iPhone. My iPad is tethered with Redsn0w currently however.

Farbod,

I've tried jb my iPad twice now with the same results: Both times got the jailbreak running fine, updated Cydia, but if I tried to install either SBSettings or AirVideoEnabler, the iPad would just hang at the Apple logo. Couldn't shut it off, couldn't get it to reboot tethered or otherwise. I had to restore it. Any ideas?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Farbod,

I've tried jb my iPad twice now with the same results: Both times got the jailbreak running fine, updated Cydia, but if I tried to install either SBSettings or AirVideoEnabler, the iPad would just hang at the Apple logo. Couldn't shut it off, couldn't get it to reboot tethered or otherwise. I had to restore it. Any ideas?

Ive installed both SBSettings and AirVideoEnabler on my tethered iPad.

After you restored it, did you rejailbreak and try again? same result?

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately same result. Cydia icon is up and brown. All essential Cydia updates can be done. Question though- after installing SBSettings do I push the reboot button on the phone or should I just turn off and tether?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Unfortunately same result. Cydia icon is up and brown. All essential Cydia updates can be done. Question though- after installing SBSettings do I push the reboot button on the phone or should I just turn off and tether?

Either one should work as long as you retether... Just to be safe, hit the reboot button and once it starts trying to reboot, retether.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods