Downgrading to 4.0.1

jdcorbitt3

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3gs that was upgraded to 4.1 before I bought it. I have the 4.0.1 shsh blobs on tinyunbrella. I tried to download the 377mb file on a site that was in farbod21's link. it was compressed. I uncompressed it and still could not find an ipsw file. Can someone post a link to the ipsw file.

Thank you,

John

jdcorbitt3

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I unzipped this file. I cannot find an ipsw file. My windows 7 computer also says it cannot encript the files.

Do I unzip this file before running itunes?

Thank you

John

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
dont unzip the IPSW. Hit shift and the restore button in iTunes and browse to that file.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
make sure you have show file extensions for known file types selected in your folder properties.

jdcorbitt3

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
every website I have gone to, when I click on the software file I need it asks if i want to open or save the file. They all have the .zip on them. I have done both including using two different computers. I noticed when I unzip the file the largest sing file is 018-8228-001.dmg and it is 355mb. I don't know about these image files. I am under the impression these are for a mac.

John

p.s. Now, I can't seem to find that tutorial you wrote in downgrading.
p.p.s. I found your tutorial in your signature.

Last edited:

jdcorbitt3

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had to reload quicktime, then it accepted the ipsw file. I was able then to load 4.0.1, however my modem firmware remained 5.14.02. how do I change that so I can unlock this phone?

Thanks

John

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You can't, unfortunately. Only thing to do is wait for a new unlock for the 5.14.02 baseband.
Keep an eye trained here for updates:
Dev-Team Blog

From the blog:
After redsn0w is officially released with the new Cydia and kernel patches, we?ll be able to assess the unlock situation. It?s already looking very promising though, so expect the unlock for the 3G and 3GS to be coming this week. The i4 unlock is taking more effort though, and no further concrete info is available about that yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdcorbitt3

jdcorbitt3

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to 4.1 so my os matched my baseband. Thank you guys for all your help. It has been quite a learning curve for me. I wish I bought 2 iphone 4s when I bought mine. this 3gs is for my wife, however I refuse to switch to at&t. Oh well, another week won't be too bad.

John

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox