Untethered 4.2.1 Jailbreak Requires Saved 4.1 SHSH Blobs!

SMCOLD1

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like I'm out of luck then since I've already loaded 4.2.1 (iP4). Unless your suggesting they are the same as 4.1.

Guess I'll have to wait until 4.3 to jailbreak

Thanks again

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Sounds like I'm out of luck then since I've already loaded 4.2.1 (iP4). Unless your suggesting they are the same as 4.1.

Guess I'll have to wait until 4.3 to jailbreak

Thanks again

Saving your blobs has nothing to do with what firmware you are running. All that matters is that your device is connected and apple is signing. Right now apple is signing 4.1 (will stop any minute now) and 4.2.1 and you can get both at the same time.

Reactions: SMCOLD1

SMCOLD1

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Saving your blobs has nothing to do with what firmware you are running. All that matters is that your device is connected and apple is signing. Right now apple is signing 4.1 (will stop any minute now) and 4.2.1 and you can get both at the same time.

Okay I got it! Thanks a bunch :D

JArmour15

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Farbod,

I downloaded Tiny Umbrella and saved the SHSH blobs and three versions came up, the 4.1, 4.2.1 and 4.2b3. Will I be good to jailbreak 4.2?

Thanks in advance for all you provide for the site.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Did I do it right? I'm assuming so, just want to make sure. So if I have my 4.1 saved I can do the untethered when it comes out?

perhaps you should remove your SN and IMEI as it is avail for everyone to do whatever with. (From the image you posted)

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I have a dumb question. I just swapped over to Bell from Rogers and took my unlocked iPhone 4 with me (running 4.1). I grabbed the cheap upgrade iPhone 4 from Bell also just cuz I could and I am going to sell it.

It is currently running 4.0.1 I believe (I don't want to open the sealed box unless I have to). Is it possible to still get 4.1 for it or is my only option 4.2.1? (assuming I want to update it and unlock it for resale).

Cheers;

hackstar

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Can I have untethered if I saved my ssh but restored?

Newbie to the iphone scene so go easy guys
I was jailbroken but restored and updated to iOS 4.21 I have my ssh saved on TU from 4.1 so can I still have untethered? Thanks in advance

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Any estimate on when the untethered JB will be ready for the iphone 4??? I've been following the dev team but haven't heard anything besides talk about the unlock...

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Follow @UntetheredJB on Twitter for news on 4.2.1 untethered jailbreak.

**EDIT**

This information was from Geohot.

Last edited:

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
@GeoHotUS informed everybody follow that twitter for any updates on untethered jailbreak, that's all the cred that's needed.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
@Comex is the one you should follow... Both limera1n and greenpois0n will be using his userland fix to get untethered...

ali.9

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have a query someone can answer.

I updated to 4.2.1 on my iPhone 4 the day it came out. And I do not have the 4.1(or any other) SHSH saved because I really didn't know about SHSH and had not decided to JB. Well, my iPhone 4 is factory unlocked, so is SHSH still an issue for an untethered JB when it does come out? (because AFAIK the SHSH is saved to preserve the baseband, which is really not an issue in factory unlocked phones as we don't need to use an unlock)

Thank you in advance.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and have a query someone can answer.

I updated to 4.2.1 on my iPhone 4 the day it came out. And I do not have the 4.1(or any other) SHSH saved because I really didn't know about SHSH and had not decided to JB. Well, my iPhone 4 is factory unlocked, so is SHSH still an issue for an untethered JB when it does come out? (because AFAIK the SHSH is saved to preserve the baseband, which is really not an issue in factory unlocked phones as we don't need to use an unlock)

Thank you in advance.

SHSH has nothing to do with unlock really. Its a handshake that verifies firmware installation so that downgrading firmware is blocked.

As for your question, no one knows yet. Comex said save your 4.1 blobs since they will be used to untether future JBs. So we listen ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2