Restoring to 4.1 error 1600

Nehemoth

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello.

I have a iPhone 3gs which was running iOS 3.1.2 Jailbreak and unlocked using Blackra1n.

Months ago the iPhone told me that couldn't find any service (carrier service), then freeze and the don't woke up anymore.

After that I just restored 3.1.2 I begun again, this afternoon the same thing happen again (I was navigating with safari at the time).

Then I realize I could do the upgrade to 4.1 with Snowbreeze, as I don't know at the time, somebody send me a custom firmware and Try to use it but I received error 1600. I read and read it, a lot of on internet without find something useful, I got the error in 2 different computers.

I found something that this error came from ibooty, so I dogged a little bit but not even with the expert mode in Snowbreeze could find the option to remove ibooty from the custom firmware.

Now I just finished restored the 3.1.2 firmware, so I feel very confident that the problem lies in something related to firmware 4.1.

So my question is, Does you know if with PwnageTool you can create a 4.1 custom firmware without the iBooty?, if that is the case, someone with a Mac and the knowledge could cook me a firmware of 4.1 without ibooty?.

Best regards

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Hello.

I have a iPhone 3gs which was running iOS 3.1.2 Jailbreak and unlocked using Blackra1n.

Months ago the iPhone told me that couldn't find any service (carrier service), then freeze and the don't woke up anymore.

After that I just restored 3.1.2 I begun again, this afternoon the same thing happen again (I was navigating with safari at the time).

Then I realize I could do the upgrade to 4.1 with Snowbreeze, as I don't know at the time, somebody send me a custom firmware and Try to use it but I received error 1600. I read and read it, a lot of on internet without find something useful, I got the error in 2 different computers.

I found something that this error came from ibooty, so I dogged a little bit but not even with the expert mode in Snowbreeze could find the option to remove ibooty from the custom firmware.

Now I just finished restored the 3.1.2 firmware, so I feel very confident that the problem lies in something related to firmware 4.1.

So my question is, Does you know if with PwnageTool you can create a 4.1 custom firmware without the iBooty?, if that is the case, someone with a Mac and the knowledge could cook me a firmware of 4.1 without ibooty?.

Best regards

Try this:

- Go to the following directory: C:Users\*UsersName*\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Device
- Backup the files available in the folder and delete them from that folder.
- Try installing custom firmware again.

Nehemoth

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Try this:

- Go to the following directory: C:Users\*UsersName*\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Device
- Backup the files available in the folder and delete them from that folder.
- Try installing custom firmware again.

I told ya, I read a lot of guides, everyone of those had that instructions which are not working.

Also the correct path should be this one
"C:\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\"

Which its pretty much the same but noobs like me got confused

Thank you anyway

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I told ya, I read a lot of guides, everyone of those had that instructions which are not working.

Also the correct path should be this one
"C:\users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\"

Which its pretty much the same but noobs like me got confused

Thank you anyway

The problem is that pwnagetool and sn0wbreeze use your USB driver to communicate with the device. There are so many different USB controllers and drivers in combination with your operating system that a lot of times it just doesnt work.

The above fix sometimes works or sometimes you need to use iREB, and in some instances both wont work... I would try it on a different computer. That usually seems to be the best fix...

Nehemoth

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I did it on my another computer, same result.

In the case of iREB I try it but told me that only works for 2G and 3G, my its a 3GS.

Also

Right now I just restored from my backup so I will try do the restore from 4.1 again. I wonder, After I upgrade to 4.1 (supposedly if everything went fine), could I be able to do a data synchronization or something, I mean should I be able to use the information from the 3.1.2 backup in the 4.1?

----------
I try to do the 4.1 restore over 3.1.2 but got the same error.

I guess I should wait to see if somebody answers my first question :

Could PwnageTool use to cook a 4.1 custom firmware without the iBooty?,

if yes, could someone, please, with a Mac and the knowledge cook me a firmware of 4.1 without ibooty?.

Last edited:

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I did it on my another computer, same result.

In the case of iREB I try it but told me that only works for 2G and 3G, my its a 3GS.

Also

Right now I just restored from my backup so I will try do the restore from 4.1 again. I wonder, After I upgrade to 4.1 (supposedly if everything went fine), could I be able to do a data synchronization or something, I mean should I be able to use the information from the 3.1.2 backup in the 4.1?

----------
I try to do the 4.1 restore over 3.1.2 but got the same error.

I guess I should wait to see if somebody answers my first question :

Could PwnageTool use to cook a 4.1 custom firmware without the iBooty?,

if yes, could someone, please, with a Mac and the knowledge cook me a firmware of 4.1 without ibooty?.

Yes you should be able to do that...