Greenpois0n failed but Limera1n worked?

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone. Just a question: I tried multiple times to jailbreak my 3GS 4.1 (FW 05.14.02) using Greenpois0n and it failed numerous times. I tried restoring before and followed all the suggested steps. I'm pretty tech savvy and have jailbroken many times before. This is the first time I ever had any issues. So I figured I'd try Limera1n and lo and behold it worked on the first attempt.

My question is: Should I worry that Greenpois0n didn't work? I know that some have reported different issues with both jailbreaks as well. Anything I need to worry about since I used Limera1n?

Thanks!

Rich.

insane_guitar

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
why not just try? I had the same problem, except the other way around. LimeRa1n didn't work, yet Greenpois0n did. I am however on iPhone 4, but i doubt it matters.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it matters, you achieved your goal right? I'm sure it was some small quirk, nothing I'd personally worry about.

Tallika_fan

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I had this same problem this morning. Greenpois0n didn't work, though Limera1n did.

I found it strange, though i'm still new to JBing as it, this morning was the first time. Though i;ve wanted to for around a year now. So am not too worried just yet.

Cheers.

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. So far everything is working well. Got most of my favorite tweaks and apps back on... I was not jailbroken for a few weeks and it was driving me nuts! The iPhone, once jailbroken, is the perfect device for me.

Last edited:

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I saw that when I was researching what jb to use and actually decided on Greenpois0n. But as I said in the first post, I couldn't get Greenpois0n to work for me. Kinda bummed me but so far so good. Thanks.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You can always try again. I JB'ed for a friend yesterday at work with greenpois0n and it failed the first time too, but worked the 2nd. I think your timing with the buttons and which to hold and release has to be just perfect.

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Maybe. But I tried 4 times and each time it failed. Everything looked good, and I know it was in DFU mode correctly. One of the failures required a full restore to get the phone working again - the phone hung at the Sync with iTunes message even after a reboot of the phone and my laptop.

I'll stay on Limera1n unless I see issues start to crop up.

Last edited:

Thunder God

Aug 29, 2004
Visit site
why not just try? I had the same problem, except the other way around. LimeRa1n didn't work, yet Greenpois0n did. I am however on iPhone 4, but i doubt it matters.

i tried limerain a couple of times but with no sucess. i then tried greenpoison a couple of times and it eventually worked. i guess it does not matter what you use as long as you get the jailbreak!:D

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I tried Limera1n the night it was released and until RC3 I was unsuccessful in getting Cydia set up. Really though in the end if you want to be JB'd it doesnt matter what tool you use. I have not had any issues with phone function or operation using Limera1n.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh