Help... can't jailbreak

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have tried numerous times in DFU mode with limera1n and greenpois0n to jailbreak my i4 running 4.1 ... It never finds the phone in DFU mode ... any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated...

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Greenp0ison requires that you do it in DFU mode.....make sure to start with the phone plugged in and OFF while doing what it says in DFU mode.....hope it helps.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
i had issues with greenpois0n seeing it was in dfu mode. I tried limera1in and got it on the first shot. Not sure why greenpois0n didn't see my phone was in DFU.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Had same problem with limera1n and i'm on a Mac... which is just driving me nuts... went to apple got a new phone, i'm good at bs'n my way into a new replacement device.. and still nothing :(

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Try to restore your iPhone first. Wait for activation. Then turn your phone completely off.

Open greenpois0n and get it started and follow the on screen instructions. In order to get your phone into DFU mode hold your home and power buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds at which point you release your power button and continue to hold the home button until greenpois0n recognizes it. At that point greenpois0n should take over and do it's magic....

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Got new phone, have tried everything, and I know how to get an iPhone into DFU mode, not to insult anyone out there, usually when it comes to tech stuff people come to me, so for me to have a problem is just rare and just my luck ! lol

MachoDonut

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
You mentioned being on a Mac. Do you have access to a PC on which you can try? The Mac client is newer and could be buggy. But I haven't tried it myself.
You could also try a different sync cable, if you have or can get one.
And are you on the latest version of iTunes?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
latest version of iTunes, brand new cable, another phone, gonna have to break down and go use a pc somewhere.. hate not being jailbroken lol

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
latest version of iTunes, brand new cable, another phone, gonna have to break down and go use a pc somewhere.. hate not being jailbroken lol

I had to give up and do a lot of things on a PC lately that should have worked on a Mac. You would think that it would be the other way around.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
It seems this jailbreak on 4.1 no matter what tool is not a clean jailbreak at all. Like everyone on here or at least most. Had to try numerous things to get the jailbreak to go through fully.

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys have iTunes open when you're putting it in dfu mode? It should be so iTunes can recognize it.

And as Farbod stated, make sure you have all your software updated. Uninstall whatever jb utility you are using and reinstall too. Maybe the download went corrupt.

I've used all 3 tools to jailbreak iPhones and haven't had an issue. One time greenpois0n didn't want to recognize dfu but I was on a pc that didn't have iTunes and that was the problem.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Cant get pwnagetool to get my AppleTV to accept the custom firmware when using it on my Vmware OSX... frustrating...

Looks like the Apple Gods are tired of my blaspheming...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2