Help with backgrounder and proswitcher.......

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone is it worth getting backgrounder and proswitcher on my iphone 4 with FW 4.1? I just opened up the backgrounder app in cydia and it says with big exclamation marks "Warning this version is untested on ios 4.1 USE AT YOUR OWN RISK" is anyone running this without any problem, or is it not even worth it? And how does proswitcher help with backgrounder thanks for any help in advance.~Chris

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Proswitcher doesn't work with any of the 4.x OS's. I've been waiting for them to update that one myself. When you look it up in Cydia it tells you that its not compatible. Sorry. Also, Backgrounder is a serious battery drainer! I had it but I checked into all the apps that I actually might need to run i the background and they already do, so I removed it. You could always try it out for yourself though. Just my observations.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all of the help man....from what i've been reading as well it said whoever the creator of "proswitcher" was isn't going to upgrade it for 4.x....did you use proswitcher by itself or in conjunction with backgrounder?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
chpwn is not going to update proswitcher because he says that apple has done a great job with their native multitasking... I tend to agree...

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I read that they should be used together so I got backgrounder first. Maybe they'll change their minds and give us an update. Until then we're stuck with the lame way that Apple has it set up.