What app is causing my app switcher icons always wiggle??

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure what app I installed that is making the app switcher icons wiggle all the time when I double press the home button. The only apps I have that specifically affect the switcher are five icon switcher and switcher plus. I don't see any settings in either app that should cause the icons in the switcher to wiggle by default. Also tried uninstalling both apps through Cydia and didn't affect the problem. Also tried restoring both Activator and Backgrounder to default settings just on a whim and no joy. If I tap the home button while the app switcher icons are showing and wiggling, they stop wiggling... just don't know why they do this by default. Any feedback would be appreciated.

dysfunction

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's Direct Closer, which is intended to let you close apps from the task switcher without having to hold down on their icon, so they wiggle just as they would if you had held down on an icon. It's nifty, but I do wish they didn't wiggle.

Reactions: talkin73

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
It's Direct Closer, which is intended to let you close apps from the task switcher without having to hold down on their icon, so they wiggle just as they would if you had held down on an icon. It's nifty, but I do wish they didn't wiggle.

This app would be MUCH better if it had the close button on them but you were still able to open the apps instead of clicking home again and then clicking on the app.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I looked through every App in System Prefs and every actual app that had an icon and could NOT find anything. Then found it in my Cydia Packages after you mentioned it. Much appreciated! The wiggling seems very unnecessary and keeps you from tapping to launch, so not sure why that was done by the author. I uninstalled as the benefits don't outweigh the annoyance of the default wiggling icon. Again, thanks!

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
This app would be MUCH better if it had the close button on them but you were still able to open the apps instead of clicking home again and then clicking on the app.

Switcher mod will do that. Just gives you the close button with no wiggle and touching the app will launch it.

Reactions: therandomone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox