Home screen wallpaprer not working after theme applied

SuCraM

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Did a search and could not find anything. After jail-breaking with Limera1n and applying new winterboard themes my home screen wallpaper will not work. always displays a plain black one. Anyone know how to fix that I have tried everything from in settings and in the theme settings and restarting springboard and rebooting the phone.Please help.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Depends on the theme. Some themes apply wallpapers differently. Contact the theme designer or let me know what theme it is and I will try to help...

SuCraM

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the theme. Some themes apply wallpapers differently. Contact the theme designer or let me know what theme it is and I will try to help...

The theme is the CarbonX HD. I will email the developer and if you can figure it out I would appreciate it alot.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're comfortable SSHing into your files, you'll probably find either a Background.png or .html file that you can replace for the theme...I just did that for my LockMS theme--originally you could only use the plain black background provided, so I just edited it to use whatever file is currently listed as my wallpaper in the native files.

SuCraM

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
If you're comfortable SSHing into your files, you'll probably find either a Background.png or .html file that you can replace for the theme...I just did that for my LockMS theme--originally you could only use the plain black background provided, so I just edited it to use whatever file is currently listed as my wallpaper in the native files.
Ok thanks for the tip. I have SSH into the phone a few times to do custom sms ringtones so I am comfortable doing it. Where is the theme folders located?

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Can't he move the user wallpaper item in winterboard above his theme and the set it a he normally would.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Theme folders should be in /Library/Themes and end with a .theme suffix. (Worth mentioning: make a backup of this before messing around with it.) I don't really know much about Winterboard--although I've changed my SMS sounds before via SSH, this was my first time altering a theme, and I was surprised at how easy it was.

Basically, once in the folder I copied the LockBackground.html file, opened it in WordPad, and made the changes I needed to make so that the theme looked in my native files for which wallpaper to use. (My issue was for the lockscreen, not the home screen.) With that done I copied the edited file back into the folder, replacing the original. After respringing, I was done. If you have trouble, be sure you're replicating everything you need to as far as formatting goes (quote marks, parentheses, etc). The file you're looking to use as a replacement is probably something like this: "/private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackground.jpg" Good luck!

SuCraM

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Theme folders should be in /Library/Themes and end with a .theme suffix. (Worth mentioning: make a backup of this before messing around with it.) I don't really know much about Winterboard--although I've changed my SMS sounds before via SSH, this was my first time altering a theme, and I was surprised at how easy it was.

Basically, once in the folder I copied the LockBackground.html file, opened it in WordPad, and made the changes I needed to make so that the theme looked in my native files for which wallpaper to use. (My issue was for the lockscreen, not the home screen.) With that done I copied the edited file back into the folder, replacing the original. After respringing, I was done. If you have trouble, be sure you're replicating everything you need to as far as formatting goes (quote marks, parentheses, etc). The file you're looking to use as a replacement is probably something like this: "/private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackground.jpg" Good luck!
Your advice totally work Massie I just SSH in and replaced the default homescreen jpg with my native one and it worked after a respring. Thank you so much as I love this theme and would hate to ditch it because of that.

SuCraM

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Another note the theme developer got back to me just now and he said that to use your own wallpaper to just delete Wallpaper.htm in the root of the theme folder. I did that and now voila I can set my own and change through the wallpaper settings on the phone.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Great! That's easier than my method, but the theme I'm using doesn't have a separate .htm for the wallpaper, so I still need to replace it within the LockScreen.html...maybe I'll try rewriting it at some point!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2