Anybody ever been scared if they missed the "make my life easier" in Cydia

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I think I did, but not 100% sure at all. So I'm scared cause I have so much Cydia junk on my phone. I'm gonna be going to 4.1 and J/B tonight.

Josh

ducky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
even though it is saved i would still use tiny umbrella to preserve the baseband. it also has the ability to allow you to save your shsh locally.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I think I did, but not 100% sure at all. So I'm scared cause I have so much Cydia junk on my phone. I'm gonna be going to 4.1 and J/B tonight.

Josh

Use Tinyumbrella and request SHSH files through Cydia. That means you will have them locally and Cydia will get them too.

even though it is saved i would still use tiny umbrella to preserve the baseband. it also has the ability to allow you to save your shsh locally.
Preserving baseband only works on IP4. From OP sign, looks like he has an 3GS which doesn't apply.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have a link for Tiny Umbrella? Seems when I search in yahoo it just brings up topics. Is Tiny Umbrella the same program that can force your phone to get out of dfu or recovery mode. Seems like it sounds familiar to me from the past. There was a time I had to downgrade to an older version before 4.0 came out I think.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have a link for Tiny Umbrella? Seems when I search in yahoo it just brings up topics. Is Tiny Umbrella the same program that can force your phone to get out of dfu or recovery mode. Seems like it sounds familiar to me from the past. There was a time I had to downgrade to an older version before 4.0 came out I think.

Use google instead. First one that appears. TU can kick phone out of recovery mode, but there are others.

The Firmware Umbrella

ducky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
when i jailbroke with limera1n recently, i tried to use tinyumbrella to kick out of recovery mode, ireb did it first try.

tinyumbrella did let me update to 4.1 with out upgrading the baseband though.

catadjuster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Same here, JB'd with limera1n the other day, never have seen anything in Cydia saying "make my life easier". I did use TU prior to my JB, so I'm not too worried.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You will only see the "Make my life easier" if Cydia does not have your SHSH Blobs yet. Once they have them either using TU or the button in Cydia the option goes away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen