Greenpois0n released!

MachoDonut

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys I've been off the forums since the first day the 4.1 JB came out when it was for 4th gens only. Is GreenPoison compatible with 3GS ? Sorry if its been said yet but GreenPoisons website is just a download only. No info or anything.

Thanks
Josh

Yes, Greenpois0n works with the 3GS.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Hey guys I've been off the forums since the first day the 4.1 JB came out when it was for 4th gens only. Is GreenPoison compatible with 3GS ? Sorry if its been said yet but GreenPoisons website is just a download only. No info or anything.

Thanks
Josh

Yes, originally GP was using SHAtter which would only work on Gen4 devices, but now it uses the Geohot exploit which works on Gen3 and Gen4 devices so you are good to go with the 3GS...

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Just tried GreenPois0n on my new iPhone 4 that came with 4.1 on it.

No dice.

It says "jailbreak failed"

I'm on windows 7 64bit. iTunes version 1.0.0.1.22

Tried it on my wife's 32bit windows 7 also. Same result.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I know I was in DFU mode (black screen, phone detected by windows, devices and printers area said iPhone 4 DFU mode)

Didn't really want to use Limera1n, but I might not have a choice.

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
No I had iTunes closed. I'll try with iTunes open next. I know in the past moat jailbreak programs asked that you close iTunes so that was what I did.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Just tried GreenPois0n on my new iPhone 4 that came with 4.1 on it.

No dice.

It says "jailbreak failed"

I'm on windows 7 64bit. iTunes version 1.0.0.1.22

Tried it on my wife's 32bit windows 7 also. Same result.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I know I was in DFU mode (black screen, phone detected by windows, devices and printers area said iPhone 4 DFU mode)

Didn't really want to use Limera1n, but I might not have a choice.

This happened to me too. Try restoring again and jailbreaking before you sync.

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
No I had iTunes closed. I'll try with iTunes open next. I know in the past moat jailbreak programs asked that you close iTunes so that was what I did.

I know right. I had to read that part twice just to be sure. I've even gone as far as closing all apple processes on my computer before running the other jb. I don't know why this one is different. Good luck!

BigB

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Tried with iTunes open, greenpoison killed iTunes and failed. I'll have to try a restore tomorrow. No Internet at my house right now so I can't restore.

Thanks for the help guys.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Thanks for helping out so much Farbod - you've been a great contributor around here! I lost my jailbreak over a month and a half ago and miss it dearly. If I don't see the Mac version of Greenp0ison by the end of the weekend, I'm just going to go over and use my parents computer to jailbreak. I miss my jb apps dearly :(

Im really happy with 4.1 actually. Love HDR, and the new iMovie. All my apps work well, my theme has been upgraded to have even more @2x HD images, and I could swear my battery life is even better now...

MachoDonut

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Tried with iTunes open, greenpoison killed iTunes and failed. I'll have to try a restore tomorrow. No Internet at my house right now so I can't restore.

Thanks for the help guys.

Mine went without a hitch with iTunes open, however, I did a restore beforehand and started clean.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Ok I got tired of waiting for the Mac version. I've tried 5 times on my wife HP and says jailbreak fail everytime. I follow the instruction to a T!

bedo#IM

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could please help me answer these questions.

1. Before you JB, you have to restore your phone first... and then JB.. and then sync back all your old apps after right?

2. Once you JB, would you still be able to dl apps off the Apple's app store from your phone while having cydia too?

3. Does JBing your phone mean that you can get apps that you have to pay on the apple app store for free? How does that work?

4. I've read that you only need to worry about ssh if you have it. Can someone explain to me when you would need it? Do you need ssh if you want to change the theme on your phone?

I would really appreciate it if anyone can explain the questions that I have. I just want to make sure because I'm excited to enter the JB world, but don't want to do anything stupid.

-Thanks

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could please help me answer these questions.

1. Before you JB, you have to restore your phone first... and then JB.. and then sync back all your old apps after right?
You dont HAVE to, but this is the preffered method, make sure u backup before hand :)

2. Once you JB, would you still be able to dl apps off the Apple's app store from your phone while having cydia too?
Correct. Just as before.
3. Does JBing your phone mean that you can get apps that you have to pay on the apple app store for free? How does that work?
Please dont steal or even talk about it here. Devs work very hard for the very little you pay for apps...

4. I've read that you only need to worry about ssh if you have it. Can someone explain to me when you would need it? Do you need ssh if you want to change the theme on your phone?
You dont NEED Open SSH to theme, however if you wish to customize your themes and do it wirelessly, you need to to access files. Its really for advanced users...

I would really appreciate it if anyone can explain the questions that I have. I just want to make sure because I'm excited to enter the JB world, but don't want to do anything stupid.

-Thanks

No Prob.

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
@Farbod_21

" Devs work very hard for the very little you pay for apps..."

Microtransactions are meant to be little. They work very hard to market to the TENS of millions of people who have I devices. Even if only one million people buy an app for a buck or two or three they make good money for their work. I completely agree that it's wrong to steal, no argument their. I just had to say something because you made it sound like devs work a lot for a little.

On another note, thanks for all your answers in tipb, I've learned a lot.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
@Farbod_21

" Devs work very hard for the very little you pay for apps..."

Microtransactions are meant to be little. They work very hard to market to the TENS of millions of people who have I devices. Even if only one million people buy an app for a buck or two or three they make good money for their work. I completely agree that it's wrong to steal, no argument their. I just had to say something because you made it sound like devs work a lot for a little.

On another note, thanks for all your answers in tipb, I've learned a lot.

99% of developers do not sell a million copies of their work. The majority DO work a lot for a little.

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
1 million was just a number I was throwing out there. Even 500,000 is a good payday. If iPhone devs aren't making good money then why do it? You have to pay apple to even be a dev then when you sale an app apple gets a cut. They wouldn't be doing it if they weren't making money.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods