Greenpois0n released!

rbiro

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
No. There are zero security risks associated with JB ur phone that arent present with a stock iphone...

Absolutely incorrect.
Once you jailbreak, you need to remote into your phone and change the root and mobile passwords from the stock 'alpine' to anything else.

Why?
How to Secure your Jailbroken iPhone from SSH Hack
A Dutch hacker recently threatened all jailbroken iPhone users with a proof of concept showing that their phones stand vulnerable to high risk and are absolutely unsafe after being jailbroken. He made use of port scanning method to find jailbroken iPhones in his country Netherlands running with SSH. He then sent unaware and totally off guard users a SMS message which read: "Your iPhone?s been hacked because it?s really insecure! Please visit doiop.com/iHacked and secure your iPhone right now! Right now, I can access all your files.".​

Instructions can be found at Cydia:
Root Password How-To

bschroed37

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
This is true, but only if you install an SSH program on your iPhone and leave it open. As long as you don't leave your SSH program open (or just don't download it) no one should be able to access your phone.

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
No. There are zero security risks associated with JB ur phone that arent present with a stock iphone...

What's good with ya? I'm new to all of this jailbreaking stuff and you seem like the go-to person to keep me on track! This is my first post and i'm coming over from the blackberry world! I have been doing a lot of research and reading thru plenty of threads to help me out! I'm ready to dive off into jailbreaking, but for reason my access has been cut off to certain threads, ex. the one talking about tiny umbrella! so without flaming me, can you tell me if i need to use that or continue with jailbreaking? I can care less about being able to unlock my iphone now or in the future! Thanks in advance!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Thats ONLY if youve installed Open SSH chief, which has been posted 15 times in this forum....

Absolutely incorrect.
Once you jailbreak, you need to remote into your phone and change the root and mobile passwords from the stock 'alpine' to anything else.

Why?
How to Secure your Jailbroken iPhone from SSH Hack
A Dutch hacker recently threatened all jailbroken iPhone users with a proof of concept showing that their phones stand vulnerable to high risk and are absolutely unsafe after being jailbroken. He made use of port scanning method to find jailbroken iPhones in his country Netherlands running with SSH. He then sent unaware and totally off guard users a SMS message which read: "Your iPhone?s been hacked because it?s really insecure! Please visit doiop.com/iHacked and secure your iPhone right now! Right now, I can access all your files.".​

Instructions can be found at Cydia:
Root Password How-To

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
have you guys learnt nothing on here yet?

if farbod speaks, you listen, he doesn't lie and knows pretty much anything needed to know about JB be it limera1n or greenpois0n.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I have tried changing my ssh just for the heck of it and mobile terminal won't launch. Do I need the ssh app installed first?

If you are on iOS 4.x you need to get Mobile Terminal 426. The other version wont work...

Open SSH is an encrypted communication protocol that allows you to connect with your iphone and edit the files... Once enabled, you need to change the passwords for both root and mobile for security reasons...

If you are not using open ssh, then there is no reason to change your PWs...

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Just a quick FYI, many programs have been updated on cydia... Display recorder and retinasizer can now install on 4.1 :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods