Limera1n Battery Issue?

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Jailbroke my iP4 running 4.1 the day limera1n came out. Have installed: SBSettings, BiteSMS, Xpandr, FolderCloser. Unplugged the phone 5 hours ago to come to work and it's still at 99% charge. I'm not seeing any extra drain from limera1n.

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
For me it's been about the same. Don't really notice a change in battery life. I took it off the charger at 8:30am and now it's almost 1pm and im at 89%...it would say that's pretty good.
Usage:
2 short calls ( maybe 3 mins total)
A lot of whatsapp messages
A little surfing
Some email (only read no reply)

So im ok i think

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It's always the same after a new jailbreak. Some people seem to suffer with battery issues, others don't. All I can say is the difference is VERY noticeable. Nothing else has changed for me other then Limera1n jailbreak and a few well known Cydia apps.

It HAS to be Limera1n. No other reason. Would like to know if anyone has tried Limera1n, had battery problems, restored to factory and reapplied jailbreak this time using Greenpois0n? Has the battery improved?

Thanks.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
It's always the same after a new jailbreak. Some people seem to suffer with battery issues, others don't. All I can say is the difference is VERY noticeable. Nothing else has changed for me other then Limera1n jailbreak and a few well known Cydia apps.

It HAS to be Limera1n. No other reason. Would like to know if anyone has tried Limera1n, had battery problems, restored to factory and reapplied jailbreak this time using Greenpois0n? Has the battery improved?

Thanks.

I haven't really noticed a battery drain w/ limera1n, but let us know the result! To be honest, battery life on my phone has always sort of sucked anyway.. so I'm not sure if it's worse now, or what. I went from 4.0.1 to 4.1 and it seems like 4.1 actually has better battery life. It could be a placebo effect type deal.

Anywho, let us know!

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
ACtually i take back my previous reply... im starting to notice a big decrease in my battery life, as in minus two hours of usage and 3 of standby.... yesterday i woke up at 11 phone needed to be charged by 5 charged it by 7 then needed to be charged again by 2:30am...
this is gonna kill my battery life

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't really noticed a battery drain w/ limera1n, but let us know the result! To be honest, battery life on my phone has always sort of sucked anyway.. so I'm not sure if it's worse now, or what. I went from 4.0.1 to 4.1 and it seems like 4.1 actually has better battery life. It could be a placebo effect type deal.

Anywho, let us know!

Restored then tried Greenpois0n. Still the same battery issues. Running without Jailbreak again. As much as I like what JB can bring to the table, it's way too much of a hit on the battery to make it worthwhile, IMHO.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Just JB's with limera1n, since I use a Mac. After nine hours, it only dropped 10%. Will have to wait a couple more days to see, but I might actually see better battery. My phone is definitely more responsive, it seems.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Remember that when you JB, you do use your phone more. So this battery drop might be subconscious...

I ran some very unscientific tests, and my battery seems to last as long if not longer with the greenpois0n jailbreak...

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm.. I was leaning towards using Limera1n but now I'm moving towards greenpois0n..

*Update

Just used greenpois0n and didn't have any problems..

--Also if there is battery strain it just might be the perfect excuse I've been looking for to buy a Mophie :D

Last edited:

edh6688

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Jailbroken with limera1n and seem to be ok....

Today i used my phone for about 5 hours... a lot of youtube and facebook on 3G and Im at around 60%... seems about normal to me

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
My phone seems to be getting hotter on the right hand side. And the battery has been draining at a very quick pace. I will keep a close eye on it. Since I rejailbroke I have been using the phone non stop to redownload all of the tweaks but I don't like the warmth that i'm getting from it. Anyone else notice this?

ALternateFfm

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Solved that battery problem for my phone: disable Cydia battery % and get rid of removeBG. The last one is not compatible with 4.1 but was installed through AptBackup. I could watch the percentage go down! But now its back to before. Use limera1n on my phone, greenpos0n on my wife's, no difference. Both are ip4

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Solved that battery problem for my phone: disable Cydia battery % and get rid of removeBG. The last one is not compatible with 4.1 but was installed through AptBackup. I could watch the percentage go down! But now its back to before. Use limera1n on my phone, greenpos0n on my wife's, no difference. Both are ip4

Damn I love RemoveBG.

jgilfor

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Try using auto3G. It disables 3G when phone is in sleep mode and reactivates it when you wake it up. Gives me tons of extra battery life.

Pocobear

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Another better option is "SBSchedule". This app allows you to set up different profile for different times of day. They can be manually set or set to come on at a certain time of day or night. You can set Phone, Wifi, 3G, Data, screen brightness, ringer volume, and any other app that has a SBToggle compatibility. For example I have set up several profiles. I'm retired so they apply to my situation.

Home Mode - WiFi - on, 3g, data, E - off: Brightness about 50%, ringer volume about 50%, ....
Out and About - 3g, data, E, Firewall - on: WiFi - off: Brightness about 70%, ringer volume 100%
Night Mode - WiFi, 3g, Data, E - off; brightness about 25%, ringer volume about 40%, Starts at 12am
Day Mode - starts at 7am, same as home mode.

Works great! Really cuts battery consumption down to a reasonably low level.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods