Limera1n Battery Issue?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I know this always comes up but my phone was fully charged and I took it off charger at 1030am. By 254 pm my battery is at 44% and Ive only played a game for maybe 20 minutes and sent a few emails nothing big. I'm wondering if this JB is having battery issues with everyone or if I am just paranoid? I am about to restore and wait for Greenpois0n.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I just charged it fully and with 1 hr 36 min of usage with 4 hours and 16 minutes in standby I'm down to 77% battery.

This is garbage battery life. Not thinking I'll be keeping this. Might just restore and wait for Greenpois0n and see how that works out.

I tend to think it's not the JB but something that was installed with an app I downloaded. I'm going to have to investigate.

catadjuster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed a pretty fast battery drain also. Went to bed last night at 11:00, this morning at 7:00 it had dropped 12%, and that's being off all night. No push or bluetooth on either.

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hmm idk guys i jailbroke my Iphone 4 but my battery isnt dying out super quick, or maybe i just havent noticed. Even before the jailbreak the games are killer, but yeah lasted me all day yesterday from 8am to 4pm. Which doesnt sound like much but i was able to watch a full movie, 4 hours of music playing, texting, emailing, and Facebook.
But i do have the app sbsettings and im always adjusting my brightness, turning off 3g when not necessary, wifi when not at home etc to make the battery last longer.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am also seeing a battery draw that is more than before however not unusual, I normally see reduced battery life with my iPhones after jailbreak.

cyaaa50

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
To me it seems to drop off quicker. I used to think that percentage was good to see, now it is like watching grass grow and I am always looking at the guage. I am swithing % off and will just use the phone until it turns red and needs recharge.

jtrevill

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Actually, found an answer in another post - says it will correct itself after a full charge. I had a full charge today, but have done a respring, so I'll try again tonight.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
To me it seems to drop off quicker. I used to think that percentage was good to see, now it is like watching grass grow and I am always looking at the guage. I am swithing % off and will just use the phone until it turns red and needs recharge.

I'm the same way. If I have % on I constantly will stare at it so see how much I've used haha so I tend to keep it off also.

jtrevill

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Farbod - does how well a jailbreak is written affect things like battery usage, memory leaks, etc? If that's the case, I'll be using the Greenpois0n as well I suspect!

Thanks!

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Farbod - does how well a jailbreak is written affect things like battery usage, memory leaks, etc? If that's the case, I'll be using the Greenpois0n as well I suspect!

Thanks!

I'm sure limera1n final is just as good. I just support the guys at chronic. Also make sure u get a nice full charge to recalibrate the battery meter.

Reactions: jtrevill

Chris_c81

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same as the OP with Limera1n, the battery seems to drop a lot quicker. I'm considering a restore again tonight, and trying Greenpois0n. But before that, I'm draining the battery to zero and then fully charging and see how I get on then.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yall don't complain about the battery life with Limera1n or GeoHot will get pissed and make a blog to everyone saying hes quitting the jailbreak business.

Josh

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
So, I don't really "get" the logic of less of a battery leak with Greenpois0n vs limera1n.

When Greenpois0n (aka SHAtter) was released, Chronic Dev announced that they re-worked Greenpois0n to use the same exact exploit that geohot put out to the world (limera1n). In doing that, they saved the SHAtter exploit in case/for when Apple patches limera1n.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Same exploit/JB, different way of delivering it.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
So, I don't really "get" the logic of less of a battery leak with Greenpois0n vs limera1n.

When Greenpois0n (aka SHAtter) was released, Chronic Dev announced that they re-worked Greenpois0n to use the same exact exploit that geohot put out to the world (limera1n). In doing that, they saved the SHAtter exploit in case/for when Apple patches limera1n.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Same exploit/JB, different way of delivering it.

No... Exploit = Delivery system. Jailbreak = Payload.

The exploits used were the same. The userland tools used to keep it untethered were basically the same. The jailbreak is probably a bit different.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods