Would you update and re-jailbreak???

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a JB iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.1 with the 1.59.00 baseband.

I have the following JB apps (among others):

Activator
LockInfo
MIM
My3G
SBSettings

My iPhone is running well. It is rock solid stable with really good battery life. The PDF exploit has been patched using saurik's patch. The only advantage I can see going to 4.1 at this point is HDR and Game Center. I already use the Pro HDR app and I'm not really into gaming.

Anyone have a good reason I should even bother with 4.1 and limera1n???

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I'm even considering it is that the iMovie update requires 4.1...otherwise I'm staying put.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Also themes have been majorly upgraded in 4.1
You get Game center and HDR as well...

Newer updates of Cydia apps will be 4.1 only most likely...

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
geohot has limera1n running smooth now. No more beta! I have jailbroke (3) iphone 4 --my wife, my brother-in-law & my friend--, my 3gs and an ipad. All using limera1n. No hitches at all. Just follow the directions in the box

uslsbmx

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I did because of the hdr and imovie update and its working good with limera1n i needed afc2add to get iphone browser working though.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Doesnt slow it down at all, and takes maybe 30 extra minutes every update if you do it right...

Well, the tough part is having the patience to wait for the jb . . . I put off buying my iP4 until the prox issue was fixed . . . then had to wait until iOS 4.1 was jailbroken. Can't live without SBsettings and Lockinfo!

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Also themes have been majorly upgraded in 4.1
You get Game center and HDR as well...

Newer updates of Cydia apps will be 4.1 only most likely...

I have to add. When 4.0 came around it was a while before everything got updated. Even a few things now that haven't been updated since 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 or so. I know weather icon took forever to update. SpringJumps still isn't updated for anything past 3.1.3. So I can't say I entirely agree with you on that one. Given 4.0 was a major deal over 3.x.x versions. So I say this topic is iffy?

Josh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro