Limera1n released

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
My experience so far . . . .

Just got a new iP4 on Sunday 10/10. Last night I tried the limera1n jb. It runs and when completed I have a solid white button for the limera1n app. I launch it and it opens with the expected screen but nothing is on it and it closes after about five seconds. I've tried rerunning limera1n several times but no difference.

Now that greenpois0n is out I'm going to restore as new and then give it a go prior to resyncing my apps and media.

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Did yoy try re-booting your phone when you had the white icon? That is what is told to do in all the tutorials out there. This is VERY common.

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I had a white I on for limera1n but I used it anyway. After I installed Cydia and restarted the phone I had the limerain icon. It just fixes itself.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Did yoy try re-booting your phone when you had the white icon? That is what is told to do in all the tutorials out there. This is VERY common.

Yep, tried that multiple times.

EDIT on 10/13 @ 2:23pm . . . .

I did a "Restore as New" last night, and then did the Greenpois0n jb. No problems whatsoever, nothing odd. Working great, love it!

Last edited:

nigel#IM

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Limera1n Jailbreak

Hi,

My first time jailbreaking. I have a 3GS. If i restore after jailbreak using the latest version of libera1n, does the jailbreak go away. I mean, is the phone back to as it was before. Sorry for the rookie question. Thanks for your answer.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I jailbroke with limera1n using RC1 BETA 4
Now I see that there is RC 1b.
Any reason I should uninstall the older one and reinstall the newer one?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I jailbroke with limera1n using RC1 BETA 4
Now I see that there is RC 1b.
Any reason I should uninstall the older one and reinstall the newer one?

If you can normally activate your iPhone through iTunes, Id suggest restoring to stock 4.1 and using greenpois0n as limera1n installs a dynamic library on EVERY phone regardless if they need hactivation or not, which is causing people problems.

If however you do need hactivation, then just stay as is...

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Hi,

My first time jailbreaking. I have a 3GS. If i restore after jailbreak using the latest version of libera1n, does the jailbreak go away. I mean, is the phone back to as it was before. Sorry for the rookie question. Thanks for your answer.

Yes, if at any time you restore to stock apple firmware, the iPhone is unjailbroken and indistinguishable from a brand new iPhone.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If you can normally activate your iPhone through iTunes, Id suggest restoring to stock 4.1 and using greenpois0n as limera1n installs a dynamic library on EVERY phone regardless if they need hactivation or not, which is causing people problems.

If however you do need hactivation, then just stay as is...
Thanks, but I am not sure what hacktivation is. My phone is activated and it works fine. I just happened to notice that there was a newer version of limera1n that was released since I got the older version a few days ago.

Will this cause problems down the line when a new firmware is released?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Thanks, but I am not sure what hacktivation is. My phone is activated and it works fine. I just happened to notice that there was a newer version of limera1n that was released since I got the older version a few days ago.

Will this cause problems down the line when a new firmware is released?

hactivation is for people without a proper sim card to activate the phone. Since you can activate normally, Id go with greenpois0n since limera1n has a sloppy hactivation method that can caused problems for people that dont need it.

No, it wont cause problems with future firmware, as you will have to restore and rejailbreak anyway...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73