Limera1n released

dc73pd

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
just updated to iphone4 ios 4.1, no worky here :(

limera1n completes its job and nothing is shown on phone, no cydia, no limera1n icon, nothing!!

Tried this about 6 times now, restoring also, makes no difference.

same thing happens to mine... No limerain... Goes through full jailbreak cycle and even get the done page but nothing on the phone even after rebooting??????

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Yup. Just make sure you backup settings on iphone.

Goes like this:

1. Backup
2. Upgrade
3. Restore from backup
4. Jailbreak
5. Resync

You can do 3 and 4 in any order but make sure you do both...

Dumb question...what do you mean by restore from backup??

Also, since I have no intentions of unlocking my iPhone, but I do intend to jailbreak (for the 1st time) I don't need to worry about BB right?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Dumb question...what do you mean by restore from backup??

Also, since I have no intentions of unlocking my iPhone, but I do intend to jailbreak (for the 1st time) I don't need to worry about BB right?

Well I always like being able to unlock my phone incase it comes in handy when I want to sell it, as usually people will pay more for an unlocked phone. If that doesnt mean anything to you, then yeah it doesnt matter.

Restoring from backup is used to restore all your settings and passwords... Resyncing is for your apps, books, music, photos, etc...

scaramonga

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
same thing happens to mine... No limerain... Goes through full jailbreak cycle and even get the done page but nothing on the phone even after rebooting??????

Finally got it working.

Had to have iTunes loaded up while running Limera1n, installed OK with icon then.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
HAHAHA! Thanks, I do a lil too! So you restore to the backup you made right before you jailbroke? Or restore to factory?-

I use shift restore method to go to a stock ipsw, then I restore my settings from a backup, then i jailbreak, and last I sync...

Then I begin to rebuild my theme and jailbreak tweaks...

dc73pd

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Finally got it working.

Had to have iTunes loaded up while running Limera1n, installed OK with icon then.

still nothing even with itunes running... same thing, goes through the process but no limerain on the phone even after a reboot, Im giving up and waiting for the mac version....

Ashere

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Is it safe?

Is jailbreaking safe as far as people not being able to access things on your phone? I know there is a can of bricking the phone but i am more worried about personal data.

Janssens

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Oh great.

I think I'm ****ed. I backed my SSH files of my 3.1.2 3GS up correctly. For some reason, TinyUmbrella always got error 3002 when trying to restore with the new ispw. I then played around a bit and also saved the SSH files for iPhone 3GS 4.1... Same process, and before I knew it, I had the 4.1 software installed without even getting the option to 'kick the device out of recovery mode'.

Now, I'm european but I've got an american iPhone. This means that I can only set a 'reformatted' (?) iPhone up using my old AT&T sim card which I got when I bought the phone. I sort of forgot about that simcard and the chances of getting it back are close to zero. My iPhone is stuck in pin lock mode (or whatever you call that). iTunes keeps saying 'The Sim card inserted in this iPhone is locked', so I can't even downgrade my iPhone, even though I've got the shsh files available.

Is there anything I can do or am I thoroughly screwed?

louisxv11

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Limera1n works flawlessly, there are always guys who do something wrong..

Trusted <removed old version> as the link was removed pending discussion. Not tried the JB myself. Users reporting some difficulties. It's not as easy as click a button and all is done. Talk of putting into DFU mode first, reboots/resprings, and the limera1n app installs Cydia.

My 3GS with 4.1 and new bootroom was jailbroken yest on Win XP - child's play. One click, then run limera!n to install Cydia. J

jwalker007

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Mac user and wanted to know if anybody can tell me if I can jailbreak on Windows XP with Greenpois0n or Limera1n that does not have iTunes installed on it. I would like to update to 4.1 before 4.1.1 comes out for the Daylight Savings fix. I want to move from 4.01 to 4.1 for the proximity sensor update and bluetooth, but only have access to an old Windows machine. Thanks

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW