Limera1n released

just_me#IM

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know how to upgrade the version of limerain that I installed? Apparently there was an update since the one I did. Can I just re-jailbreak with the new version or do I have to restore first?? Thanks for any help!

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
If you're already jailbroken you don't have to do it again. There is no need to run beta 4 of limera1n. If there is he'll post on his site like he did when beta2 came out. Just keep an eye on the change log on limera1n.com.

Example:
"BETA2 - fixed kernel patching magic, rerun BETA2+ over BETA1"

Reactions: just_me#IM

just_me#IM

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Ahhh, I didn't comprehend exactly what that was saying but it makes sense now. Thanks! I saw 'beta 4 - uninstall fixed' and figured since I can't uninstall it I would put that one on. But didn't quite realize just cuz he has it listed, doesn't mean it's released, hence the 'beat'. Sorry, it's been a while since I was in the software world :)

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed.

:D:D I can confirm that beta 4 limera1n does 3Gs with 4.0.2
Now to do SHSH and THEN upgrade to 4.1
YAY!!!:D
Drama aside, I'm glad geohot came back. It may not have been for the right reasons, or even "well played" but its done.

ETERNAL THANKS TO ALL DEVs!!!!!!:D

--edit-- ANNNnnnddd even better, APTBackup has restored just about all (if not all) my JB apps!!!
--edit 2-- some of my JB'd apps came back with white boxes as icons. a few of them fixed themselves when I ran them, some didn't untill I deleted the limera1n app, then they all came back to normal.
Now it appears I just have to figure out how to reinstall the licenses for MyWi and BiteSMS and I'll be 100% back at em! I just wish I didn't have to have my old phone replaced.

I heart the jail break scene!!

Last edited:

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Ahhh, I didn't comprehend exactly what that was saying but it makes sense now. Thanks! I saw 'beta 4 - uninstall fixed' and figured since I can't uninstall it I would put that one on. But didn't quite realize just cuz he has it listed, doesn't mean it's released, hence the 'beat'. Sorry, it's been a while since I was in the software world :)

Well maybe since you can't uninstall limera1n you should try it again. If you backed up before you jb'd then you have nothing to lose. Hopefully. :) try beta 4 and that should allow you to uninstall.

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Uhhh... hold the iPhone... problem??

So my wifi connection seems to be broken. I haven't checked my network settings yet, but first glance my wifi shows connected to the proper AP, but nothing can get out to the internet including safari. more to follow.

--update-- ok, turning off wifi and turning it back on seems to have corrected safari not getting to the internet. Cydia gives me a 504 gateway timeout and MyWi keeps timing out too. HHMMmmm.

--???-- Is cydia down? anyone else having problems getting through to cydia for license stuff or into the app itself?

Last edited:

Rdean0#IM

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
--???-- Is cydia down? anyone else having problems getting through to cydia for license stuff or into the app itself?

I'm having the same problem with cydia, i've just JB with Limera1n as i updated to 4.1 .

Trying to figure out how to fix it, let you know if i come across a way to do so

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
is anyone else having the problem that the jailbreak isnt working? Mine just says "waiting for device" and thats all it does, nothing else just keeps waiting and waiting, my phone is turned on and pplugged in so what else coud be the issue?! i want my jailbreak already!! =(((

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
maybe its volume...

I'm having the same problem with cydia, i've just JB with Limera1n as i updated to 4.1 .

Trying to figure out how to fix it, let you know if i come across a way to do so

Saurik's servers always get pounded to hell the day of and a few days after a new JB is released. I'm hopping thats whats going on. I can connect to the internet in every other way except Cydia.
Just for giggles, while I was looking at the 504 gateway error on cydia's main page, I hit search and was able to search out packages. I'm trying to re-install MyWi, and I got to the app's page. Saurik put up a note on that page (and I'm guessing most of them) saying that its traffic caused by limera1n's release causing the slowdowns, so thats good enough for me.

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
close limera1n...

is anyone else having the problem that the jailbreak isnt working? Mine just says "waiting for device" and thats all it does, nothing else just keeps waiting and waiting, my phone is turned on and pplugged in so what else coud be the issue?! i want my jailbreak already!! =(((
Close the program, UN-plug your phone.
Re-run the program and wait for limera1n to tell you to plug it back in.
then follow the steps limera1n gives you.
Luck!

elementbt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
@jairo1daywrk4apple make sure you have the newest version of itunes.. took me hours to get it to work yesterday and I realized it was because I use a mac and had to use an older PC to do the JB, and it did not have the newest itunes. New drivers I assume.

Rdean0#IM

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Saurik's servers always get pounded to hell the day of and a few days after a new JB is released. I'm hopping thats whats going on. I can connect to the internet in every other way except Cydia.
Just for giggles, while I was looking at the 504 gateway error on cydia's main page, I hit search and was able to search out packages. I'm trying to re-install MyWi, and I got to the app's page. Saurik put up a note on that page (and I'm guessing most of them) saying that its traffic caused by limera1n's release causing the slowdowns, so thats good enough for me.

Yeah that's what i figures after doing some reading up about previous JB's, i still managed to add my old sources so im gonna try and install my old packages.

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Me too...

Yeah that's what i figures after doing some reading up about previous JB's, i still managed to add my old sources so im gonna try and install my old packages.

I managed to get the app, but haven't been able to register/ license it yet. Ah well... I'll come back to it later.
I'm just happy to be back on Apple's bad side again. That virgin OS was killing me. :rolleyes:

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
dont blame ya but...

Seeing it's still in beta, I will be keeping my JBme'd iPhone 3Gs a while longer!

I can't blame ya, but I feel reasonably certain that we won't see a "final" version. They'll probably be all beta (if there's another release).

To each their own though!

odman

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, registered to post a quick question.
I have an iPod Touch 4 (came with iOS 4.1), and I was wondering if there are any steps I need to take prior than installing Limera1n? I'm not entirely familiar with the jailbreak history/processes/etc.

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, registered to post a quick question.
I have an iPod Touch 4 (came with iOS 4.1), and I was wondering if there are any steps I need to take prior than installing Limera1n? I'm not entirely familiar with the jailbreak history/processes/etc.

Nothing special. Download Limera1n, click on make it rain and them plug your iPod in when it tells you to and follow the rest of the steps.

Reactions: odman

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen