How do paid iOS 4.1 jailbreaks work?

louisxv11

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

We are all waiting impatiently for SHatter or a new version of redsnow to jailbreak and unlock our iPhones that have version 4.1 installed. But hey, there are a number of paid services out there claiming to do it. Are they con sites or have they got extra-special hacking powers? Of course they don't reveal their secrets until you pay so we don't know what they will do to our phones or how reliable they are. Is there anyone out there who has done it and who could enlighten us all? The prices are steep for a single user but they know that once bought they will be used to do all our friends phones also, so that diminishes the cost. Unfortunately, I don't have friends that will share the cost and $30 seems a lot to pay for what will be free to us all in a week or so. Any comments? JoJ

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
STAY AWAY THEY DO NOT WORK! Some are just plain fakes and don't cause any harm, but others are fakes and also have malicious things in them, such as password stealers and whatever else they want to put in there

Reactions: Alli

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
yeah don't trust anything accepts payment for a service, if there isn't a way you could do it yourself.

louisxv11

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the answers. I also found this thread of another user's bad experience. hacks.com/forums/about19801.html
It is interesting that after reading all about redsnow, blackra1n etc on various blogs and forums, there was no warning anywhere of these scams. I too have been disappointed by this service: serviceok.net. I was taken in by it partly because these sites have their advertisements on the respectable sites that are reporting on the jailbreak progress for iOS 4.1.
Let all read and beware!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal