removing jailbreakage

ceemo

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
hi i have an iphone 3g 8gb that is jailbroken and im having a few problems with it and need to remove the jailbreakage as i might need to get it repaired. Is it as simple as connecting to itunes and restoring?????

please help as i dont want to frig it up

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Restore as a new device in iTunes then resync your data. You will lose things like mail account settings, wifi passwords, text messages, etc but your phone will be completely free of any signs of jailbreaking.

ceemo

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
just to be clear

Restore as a new device in iTunes then resync your data. You will lose things like mail account settings, wifi passwords, text messages, etc but your phone will be completely free of any signs of jailbreaking.

Just to be clear so i dont c0ck this up. I plug in the iphone goto the phones summary screen and click restore and the agree to restore and update?

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
yep you got nothing else to it... make sure you have a stable internet connection though for some reason every time i do a restore my internet dies and ends up bricking the phone :/

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
yep you got nothing else to it... make sure you have a stable internet connection though for some reason every time i do a restore my internet dies and ends up bricking the phone :/

That's why I usually download the image I want to load first. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh