We're getting closer to the ip4 jb

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I just don't see it happening anytime soon, I don't know what the hold up is, but it seems to me we're looking at 3-4 more weeks at least..

servanthands

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just don't see it happening anytime soon, I don't know what the hold up is, but it seems to me we're looking at 3-4 more weeks at least..

I'm starting to think the same thing but since pod2g's departure it makes it seem like they are really close and just finishing up the jailbreak.

P.S Im also grasping at anything to make me feel like its coming sooner than later.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i do have to say reading comments on the dev blog or other sites are becoming rather comical

it's a reminder that there are some REAL douche bags out there

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
My guess is sometime next week. Getting it untethered seems to be the last hurdle...

It is not the tethered or untethered that is the issue is the whole process of having to take the exploit and make it a jailbreak using Apple's code and then having to rewrite it with their own code. If you watch the 25C3 presentation they describe the process pretty indepth. Once they have an exploit it is always tested first with Apple's code to make sure that a jailbreak is viable and then they have to rewrite it without using apple's code. A lot of the early photos that we get of the new software being jailbroken are a result of the exploit being used with Apple's code.

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ive never been in the situation where I need to wait for one like this before, I've always held off updating the software until it's relaeased, this time I was unlucky in the fact I bought this ip4 with 4.0.2 on it from the shop so no way to revert back as no shah blobs, I'm thinking it should be either the end of the week or mid next week that it'll be out, this is just speculation though and I could well be grasping at straws also lol

servanthands

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
It is not the tethered or untethered that is the issue is the whole process of having to take the exploit and make it a jailbreak using Apple's code and then having to rewrite it with their own code. If you watch the 25C3 presentation they describe the process pretty indepth. Once they have an exploit it is always tested first with Apple's code to make sure that a jailbreak is viable and then they have to rewrite it without using apple's code. A lot of the early photos that we get of the new software being jailbroken are a result of the exploit being used with Apple's code.

I just listened to this and it says they are speaking english but I have my doubts. :)

Kainz15

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm also waiting patiently...or at least semi-patiently. I'm in the same boat as a previous poster, I'm stuck and need to eventually get it unlocked! I'm sick of using a blackberry! haha

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
it would be cool if someone could JB the wifi tether option without touching anything else. I'm a veteran JB user for each of the previous iPhones. At this point, tethering is the #1 reason that I will JB.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Gotta have my SBSettings and LockInfo. I'm not buying my iP4 until the 4.1 JB because I refuse to live without those two JB apps in particular. For now, my JB iP3Gs is doing the job.

Last edited:

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I just listened to this and it says they are speaking english but I have my doubts. :)

I watched it three times taking notes to make sure I grasped it. Then I realized that i had no experience in coding so I focused on the 20,000 ft view and got a lot more out of it. The jist that I got was that they first look for an exploit which is where pod2g comes in. A buffer over flow or something in the output that they generate while studying it. Then once they have an exploit they test it to see if the exploit is jail break viable using Apple's code. Once it is verified they then code the jail break software on their own so they do not get in trouble with Apple. An amazing process and makes one appreciate them even more.

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
i'm glad there is someone else out there that appreciates the work they do other than me, every time i go to the dev team blog all i see is insulting idiots that keep saying stuff like " we need the ip4 jb NOW", like it's their god given right to have it, if they had paid i could understand the animosity from them but they don't pay for it they just think that because they bought the ip4 the deserve the FREE jb

:mad::mad:

i give up posting on there as i don't seem to get through to them

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox