Need assistance downgrading?

danstheman7

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I have os 4.1 installed on my iPhone 3GS, and I've tried many methods for downgrading it.

I've used tinyumbrella for creating my SHSH (which i do have on file on the cydia server anyway, and I ran the TSS server on tinyumbrella as well), edited my hosts file (tried rebooted after as well), using sn0wbreeze 1.8beta for editing my ipsw, and did all of this in either DFU, Recovery, or in normal iphone status.

Every single time, no matter what method, I get error 3194 in iTunes.

Help?

Thanks guys.

ducky

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you doing shift click restore and pointing to the ios system you want to downgrade to and editing the host file to redirect the iTunes server to cydia's where the shsh blob is saved for that ios system?

danstheman7

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Are you doing shift click restore and pointing to the ios system you want to downgrade to and editing the host file to redirect the iTunes server to cydia's where the shsh blob is saved for that ios system?

Yep I use shift click restore, and I edited the hosts to include:
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

I point itunes to restore to the 4.0 iOS software i downloaded from the apple server

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
You are doing a few things wrong.

1) Snowbreeze is for creating custom firmware. To install custom firmware, your phone needs to be already pwned JB. Your phone is not so don't use it.

2) Edit host file or run TSS Server through Tinyumbrella. Not both. And, with Tinyumbrella, SHSH blobs needs to be saved on your computer. Click "Show SHSH..." and see if it's there. If you want to restore to 4.0, make 100% sure 4.0 SHSH blobs are saved on Cydia (edit host file) or locally (Tinyumbrella).

What you need to do is download the official firmware file, do #2 and restore through iTunes.

Last edited:

danstheman7

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Still no success..

You are doing a few things wrong.

1) Snowbreeze is for creating custom firmware. To install custom firmware, your phone needs to be already pwned JB. Your phone is not so don't use it.

2) edit host file or run TSS Server through Tinyumbrella. Not both. And, with Tinyumbrella, SHSH blobs needs to be saved on your computer. Click "Show SHSH..." and see if it's there. If you want to restore to 4.0, make 100% sure SHSH blobs are saved on Cydia (edit host file) or locally (Tinyumbrella).

What you need to do is download the official firmware file, do #2 and restore through iTunes.

Ahh, I see your point about sn0wbreeze. But I've tried both Tinyumbrella and editing the host file, and neither have worked.

I have download the Apple (original) 4.0 for my 3GS, yet it still does not restore in iTunes.

In Tinyumbrella I have the SHSH blob saved on my computer, and I ran the TSS server, with no success, and I'm 100% sure I have SHSH saved on the Cydia server.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73