Has weather icon been fixed yet

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Worked! Thanks again Massie!

Weird that it wasn't a pre-requisite download/install for WeatherIcon. Happy I got it back and thankful for the io4.0 update.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think he said it was an oversight on his part that it wasn't included in the last update, and would be from now on. Libstatusbar is a good package to have for other apps anyway...for instance, it's what got Notifier working on iOS4.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
WeatherIcon seems to work to some degree on the iPad.

[FIXED IN Sept 10th update]: The status bar temp works fine, but the icon displays a bit oversized and does not reflect the correct weather conditions (mine was stuck on "sunny").

The actual SpringBoard Icon replacement does not work at all, with either iPhone-specific apps running on the iPad (it will not replace the iPhone Weather Channel app icon). Since I am unsure what the specific bundle identifiers for the iPad-specific Weather apps are, I cannot test those to see if the icon gets replaced.

On a side note, I would really like to see more jailbreak apps that change/replace/update the SpringBoard icons. Perhaps one that replaces the Stocks app icon with a semi-live graph of a specific stock, or one that adds special notification icons to the Calendar app (like a little gift box for birthdays, etc).

Last edited:

lineskier22

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to set up weather icon? i have everything enabled/show whatever, but still it will not go in my status bar just the weather app has a badge all the time... I watched videos and everything but i it will not work for me. trying on iphone 4, 4.1 jb limera1n

catadjuster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just installed this app and get a message saying I need to install libstatusbar, go to Cydia and install it. I have done a search in Cydia, and libstatusbar does not show up for me. Any suggestions?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I just installed this app and get a message saying I need to install libstatusbar, go to Cydia and install it. I have done a search in Cydia, and libstatusbar does not show up for me. Any suggestions?

You need to change your cydia settings from user to developer, then all packages will be shown...

Reactions: catadjuster

catadjuster

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Farbod, I'm new to the JB world and appreciate your help. Also thanks for taking the time to write up the JB FAQ's! They helped me greatly when I took the plunge.

pitt.bunker

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum and I need some help. I've installed Weathericon on my jb i4 4.3.3 and I want weathericon to be over my AccuWeather app, I've edited .plist to make it to get updates from Accuweather.com, statusbar icon works just fine, but the whole problem is that there are two AccuWeather apps, the free one and the paid one, the weathericon works fine over the free one but, I have the one that I paid for and can not figure out how to put weathericon over the paid one that I have. Those look exactly the same, I mean icons, the same developer and the names are freaking same... so, anyone who did make it work with any app other than iPhone stock weather app, and free version of AccuWeather, please help. Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2