Can't use any other program while on phone

ramblp

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
**I apologize if this has been asked already, I used the search engine and couldnt find anything....althought I did not read all 20 pages of posts***

Recently jailbroke my iPhone 4 and use cydia and winterboard. First big glitch i noticed is that I can no longer navigate to another program/app while I am on a phone call. In the past, I've just double clicked the home button and the small menu of icons pops up on the bottom of the screen, and I can choose to text, use the internet, view my contacts, etc all while still being on a phone call. Since I jailbroke, however, I can not longer double click the home screen buttom and produce the small icon menu.

Has anyone else had this problem? Could it perhaps just be some settings that I need to change? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I'm on a 3G 8GB 4.0 JB iPhone and just tested your issue. I had no problem. Called my buddy, dbl tapped home button, opened contacts and gave him some info. without a hitch. Sorry I couldn't help you.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Are u sure that u are on 3g during the call? If not and u see an E for edge, then u can't talk and surf, text or anything while on the phone

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Rdiddy, you misunderstood me. I'm using a 3G 8GB JB 4.0 iPhone. Did not say I was on 3G service.

Update... 2010/08/17 14:15:

Rdiddy, this may be of interest to you. I'm sitting @ the Petro in San Antonio, Tx now and using PDANet, with PC, Also just talked to wife using my iPhone, looked up a note for her in my contacts list. All on A T & T 3G...

I guess it's similiar to multitasking... call goes into "hold" mode (for lack of teck term), (green status bar). dbl tap home to open multitasking, tap contacts... do your thing... tap green status bar... BAM... start talkng...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner