Battery problems with Jailbroken iPhone 4

gnave

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I am now 9 Hours in to use from last Charge. playing music for the last 3 hours and checking emails on regular bases. Battery 55%
i was thinking to try and JailBrake again. and see if how the battery it preforms... but i think i will skip that and stay with no JB phone.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
hehehe... at least I added info that planetbeing will (hopefully) be looking into his Signal app in regards to battery drainage.... let's hope!

I'm not sure why all of these people are whining about their battery with the jailbreak. The jailbreak itself doesn't touch the battery. It's some app or push service they have running in the background eating battery.

I kept it simple- jailbreak- SBSettings- Bite SMS and I have the same wonderful iP4 battery life as always.

gnave

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure why all of these people are whining about their battery with the jailbreak. The jailbreak itself doesn't touch the battery. It's some app or push service they have running in the background eating battery.

I kept it simple- jailbreak- SBSettings- Bite SMS and I have the same wonderful iP4 battery life as always.

I tried to keep even more simple then you: SBSettings only but still my battery was 15%by 3PM. i know that its common sense that JB has no effect on the battery what so ever, but the fact are that some how it is.

this is what makes me think that "mobile subtract" is some how related to that problem. if you recall it was updated last week to a new version purely because of the Skype problem that it created.....

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My original iPhone and iPhone 3g were both jailbroken prior to getting my iPhone 4. Used the 4 extensively prior to jailbreakme. It had the most amazing battery life. I literally was blown away.

Then I jailbroke it. I kept it simple. I really do it to tether, use sbsettings, quickreplysms, and to maximize audio and adjust vibration patterns.

My battery has blown since the JB. I saw 10% drops over a six hour period without use. That's after killing processes that were running in the background.

I decided to remove some things. Same problems. Eventually, I just removed MobileSubstrate. This also removed most of the customizations I had (sbsettings, quickreply, and 5 icon dock).

BAM...battery life back to normal.

Yes, I miss those three things. But having an amazing battery beats it. The only thing I wish I could get is the Saurik PDF Fix....but, alas...it uses MobileSubstrate.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
My original iPhone and iPhone 3g were both jailbroken prior to getting my iPhone 4. Used the 4 extensively prior to jailbreakme. It had the most amazing battery life. I literally was blown away.

Then I jailbroke it. I kept it simple. I really do it to tether, use sbsettings, quickreplysms, and to maximize audio and adjust vibration patterns.

My battery has blown since the JB. I saw 10% drops over a six hour period without use. That's after killing processes that were running in the background.

I decided to remove some things. Same problems. Eventually, I just removed MobileSubstrate. This also removed most of the customizations I had (sbsettings, quickreply, and 5 icon dock).

BAM...battery life back to normal.

Yes, I miss those three things. But having an amazing battery beats it. The only thing I wish I could get is the Saurik PDF Fix....but, alas...it uses MobileSubstrate.

I don't think I'd give up the functionality for a little battery life. Plug it in at your office, in your car, or carry those little external battery backups ($8 on ebay). Otherwise you might just want to turn it off completely- that will really extend the battery life.

gnave

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
i don't think i'd give up the functionality for a little battery life. Plug it in at your office, in your car, or carry those little external battery backups ($8 on ebay). Otherwise you might just want to turn it off completely- that will really extend the battery life.

lololololololol

gnave

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't think I'd give up the functionality for a little battery life. Plug it in at your office, in your car, or carry those little external battery backups ($8 on ebay). Otherwise you might just want to turn it off completely- that will really extend the battery life.

No, now for real. Mine was flat by 4 PM

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2