Battery problems with Jailbroken iPhone 4

gnave

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi all.

i am almost positive that after JailBreaking my iPhone 4 (IOS 4.0.1) my Battery Performance has degraded.
i can leave my phone on standby and see the battery goes down 10% in the space of three hours. if i use it it will even go quicker in a rate of almost 1% per min of use.

dose anyone else has experienced the same type for performance degrading ?
i have now restored my phone to original fresh IOS 4.0.1 and still did not jailbreak to see how things are.

had a quick search and some people said "mobilesubstrate" drains their battery....

Any input will help.

Thanks

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing you mean it was Signal causing the problem because I'm not having any battery issues with SBSettings.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
U probably have apps running in the background that's causing the battery drain. Just jailbreaking an iDevice doesn't make the battery better or worse

loanhighknight

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi all.

i am almost positive that after JailBreaking my iPhone 4 (IOS 4.0.1) my Battery Performance has degraded.
i can leave my phone on standby and see the battery goes down 10% in the space of three hours. if i use it it will even go quicker in a rate of almost 1% per min of use.

dose anyone else has experienced the same type for performance degrading ?
i have now restored my phone to original fresh IOS 4.0.1 and still did not jailbreak to see how things are.

had a quick search and some people said "mobilesubstrate" drains their battery....

Any input will help.

Thanks

Actually, yes. I've noticed the same thing. Usually, even having only sent about three texts by midmorning and done Crossword on the 20-minute commute to work, I'm down under 70%. By the time I leave work at 5, I've got less than 15%. I restored the phone to get rid of the jailbreak, and my mileage on a full charge when noticeably up--as in, I ended the day above 50%.

Out of curiosity, have you noticed that the back of your phone gets hot, even when not in use? I've reached into my pocket a couple times a day to find that the lower back of the device is noticeably hotter than the rest of the phone. Not constantly, but definitely often enough to be a pattern. It gets about the same temperature that it would get if I were playing Sim City or something intensive like that, even when there are no running processes and I haven't used it for hours. (For the record, it happens whether the phone is in my pocket or not--I thought it might be just heat from my leg so I started leaving it on my desk and it still does it.) I wonder whether something I have installed is making it think constantly, and therefore degrading battery life.

I have biteSMS, Activator (which comes with biteSMS--I don't have any weird triggers placed with Activator), SBSettings and five icon dock installed.

gnave

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
i did feel the phone slightly hotter then normal. and now after restore to original IOS 4.0.1 my battery last from around 8AM - 8-PM. but i do have 2 exchange push accounts, and will use my ipod for 1.5 HR + facebook and twitter here and their.
i am still thinking if to try JailBreak again.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
4 hours 57 minutes stand by with 46 minutes of usage. Push e-mail on, wifi on, did a little browsing on Edge/3G, Push notifications, and location services on. I am at 96%.

I jailbroke, and did a few graphical changes (MIM, blue sms bubbles, SSH, black pop up notifications, notify, and SBSettings)

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
If you are experiencing battery problems it's most likely what you are running,appsyou have installed,tweaks and so forth, alsoyou have the native backgrounder from applethat will stay running. My best advice would be do a complete back up of the phone,cydia backup,and rock if u use that also. Then restore and try again I have had the same problems but it is fixable

gnave

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
4 hours 57 minutes stand by with 46 minutes of usage. Push e-mail on, wifi on, did a little browsing on Edge/3G, Push notifications, and location services on. I am at 96%.

I jailbroke, and did a few graphical changes (MIM, blue sms bubbles, SSH, black pop up notifications, notify, and SBSettings)

Came on.... That dose not make any sense !!!

newguy7

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be having the same battery issues with my jb iPhone(Iphone 4). I also noticed it's taking a little longer to charge now than usual. I might revert back and see if it changes.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
recent tweets from @planetbeing saying the Signal keeps running in the background and might be wise to close it down... he's looking into it apparently...

i can say my battery life is **** after JB'ing... I haven't yet pinpointed what the cause is... But Signal might be one contributor... although I don't think it's the only thing...

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
recent tweets from @planetbeing saying the Signal keeps running in the background and might be wise to close it down... he's looking into it apparently...

i can say my battery life is **** after JB'ing... I haven't yet pinpointed what the cause is... But Signal might be one contributor... although I don't think it's the only thing...

Thanks for confirming what I said in the 4th post on this thread :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR