Jailbreak and iPhone 4 Maps?

pius_kid

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak my iPhone 4 running 4.01

When I use the Maps application and search for directions, it works fine until I hit the List view which shows you the text directions. They show up, but you cannot scroll the list. When I return to the map view, you cannot move the map around.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks!

ecard

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here... Did some test, and as soon as I install an application through Cydia, it bugs the Maps app :( Even if you uninstall your Cydia apps, it does not fix it.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
None of these issues on my iphone 4 jailbroken.

Couple questions.

Any other apps, are you checking compatability first? (ios4 compatable or not)

Have you updated mobilesubstrate in cydia? It fixed a skype issue, perhaps this also?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Yes I have... I have a 3GS as well, which has very little installed on it. It has the same issue. Many people complaining as well.

Maybe ur just lucky ;)

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Yup...I just checked and my Maps does it, too. It works fine until you try to change settings, then it freezes. Guess they need to fix that, eh???

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
https://twitter.com/saurik/status/20365127581

Fix is on Cydia. The people that dont have the Maps problem is because they dont update their JB... tsk tsk

Heh i check cydia for updates every morning. Got the substrate fix for skype (even tho i dont use it) yesterday, is the substrate update the one today that corrects maps?

I partly had the issue after all, i couldnt scroll thru list view, but it wouldnt lock up the map but sometimes

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Heh i check cydia for updates every morning. Got the substrate fix for skype (even tho i dont use it) yesterday, is the substrate update the one today that corrects maps?

I partly had the issue after all, i couldnt scroll thru list view, but it wouldnt lock up the map but sometimes

Yeah...the new substrate (0.9.3228) fixes the Maps app issues. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2