slooooooow

marvinb

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
ever since i updated from 3.1.3 on my 3G iphone, its slower.. im running 4.0 now, i did a jailbreak on my phone last night and everything seems to work fine.. But, its even slower... What gives???

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
ok. so updating to 4.0.1 and re-jailbreaking it with out multitask and background wont help, correct?

update to 4.0.1, don't jailbreak, turn off all Spotlight features. that will help, but the phone is still old. Even with 3.1.3, after enough usage, the phone is still hardware limited. Plus apps will slowly be updated to support the newer hardware (3G and 4), since they have more RAM. the 3G is basically just an original iPhone with a few perks.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i was in the same boat as you and after several restores as new and countless hard resets i ended up going back to 3.1.2 and WOW, what a world of difference

i have read online that 4.1 is supposed to be addressing the current performance issues on the 3G, as they are well aware of this.

Does iOS 4.1 fix slow iPhone 3G units? Yes.

IF i were you i would downgrade and wait for 4.1 and IF that doesn't work then it's time to get rid of the dinosaur

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Found the DL on ModmyI. As my upload shows increased Ram by an average of 45 MG. BUT, I'm not sure as if that increase is from iPoneVM by itself or if my larger partition has anything to do with it. Possibly could be a combo of both. BUT it DOES work... Even b-4 larger Partition I was running it with an average of 30 MG vs. 10 to 13 MG Stock iphone 3G 8GB 4.0 iOS.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Quite a bit. Average reboot time B-4 just under 2:35. That's running 4.0 iOS on 3G 8GB JB. After iPhoneVM install just under 1:50. Also I've noticed APP's runn Smoother. Multitasking loads quicker also. Only "BAD" write ups I've seen about iPhonVM is that it tends to "burn out CPU" over a period of time... What I've been able to find this "Burn out time is over a LOOOOONG period of time. (NO TYPE-O). Article stated over a period of 12 to 13 months. I figure by then the New iPhone 5 will be out then Upgrade. Suggestion... Try it... If you don't like it Hit the Delete Button... LOL

I've used that "Custom" Button a number of times... LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711