Android-like Background Scrolling?

novellterminator

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I'm completely new to the jailbreak community (just jailbroke my phone it 3 hours ago)!

I've always liked the Android "scrolling background" feature (where your background image is horizontally larger than can fit on the screen, so when you scroll between home-screen pages it slightly scrolls the background, revealing more of the image, and giving it a feeling of depth). I was wondering: Is there anything out there in jailbreak land for the iPhone?

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
That would be the app titled "Panorama", but it is not exactly working yet. If you turn it on, nothing happens. If you restart your phone, your background has no wallpaper (looks like non-jailbroken pre-4.0), until you open a folder, then the normal wallpaper appears again.

Also, LockInfo and Panorama both seem to have a trial bug. My licenses are transfered over, but they are not taking and keep telling me i am on a trial.

Over the next few days and weeks most of these issues should start getting cleared up for some Cydia store apps.

The name of the game will always be "hurry up and wait"

Billy goat

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
there is an app called Simple Background that does just that. found it in rock app. it says it was updated for 4.0 but on the reviews someone said it messed up their phone so im not sure.

novellterminator

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
there is an app called Simple Background that does just that. found it in rock app. it says it was updated for 4.0 but on the reviews someone said it messed up their phone so im not sure.

This was a good recommendation, however on iPhone 4 there is a massive glitch that causes all applications to resize to iPhone 3gs/3g resolutions (half the iPhone 4 res). Also, touch recognition becomes horribly inaccurate, and items toward the bottom of the screen make it impossible to uninstall Simple Background via Cydia or Rock. So, while Simple Background says it supports iOS 4, it certainly does not support the iPhone 4 yet. Just a warning.

I am very disappointed -- I almost had a parallax background :( I'll be waiting patiently for the update!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73