what will be the first thing u do after u jailbreak your iphone 4?

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I would like weather and my calendar schedule for the day on my lock screen. But Im too lazy to fool with trying to jail break. So I will suffer.

LRamonT

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I JB is to get the ability to delete individual phone calls.Why Apple has not seen fit to make this available is beyond reasoning for me.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Can the Five Dock Icons be used WITHOUT winterboard? I refuse to put winterboard back onto my phone, I am convinced that is what slows the phone down and makes it crash.

boseyjones

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreaking is legal and it became official today. It is YOUR device. You can do what you want to it, regardless of Apple's official stance. Considering Apple has adopted almost every innovation the jailbreaking community has brought to the table, I'm fairly sure they know that jailbreaking is here to stay. While they might not embrace it, they definitely have taken hints from the extensions released on Cydia. Categories, QuickGold, Backgrounder, Music Controls, etc. have all been out way before Apple implemented their native approach to these features.

The first thing I install when I jailbreak is OpenSSH. It has saved me from restoring numerous times. WinterBoard, SBSettings, iFile, Activator, biteSMS, MyWi, Xpandr, Haptic Pro, Action Menu, will be welcomed and missed additions to my iPhone 4.

Anyone who says jailbreaking is useless deserves to be in "jail".

marketsqhero

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
marketsqhero,
such a failure post I honestly dont know where to begin.

Also it doesnt void anything. As long as you arent a moron and bring a jailbroken phone to apple you are fine. Restore it.

Have you even read the EULA?

Come back when you have and explain to me what it says...

marketsqhero

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
w - r - o - n - g , wrong!

If you want to put down your dictionary for a minute and read the fine print (and we all know it's about the fine print now don't we) you would have noticed that if apple finds you with a jailbroken iPhone it does nothing other than void your warranty. And that is it. Jailbreaking, from a contractual sense, is kinda like pulling that warranty sticker off that video game console, nothing more, nothing less.

Dictionaries are awesome, but words by them self are almost meaningless.
It is what's written that matters.

Super Simples!

Fine, as long as you accept they have the right to refuse to honor your warranty after you break the EULA.

Darwin#IM

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
This is why I think jailbreaking should brick phones. 1) It is uselss. 2) It allows for the piracy of apps, piracy does nothing to help developers like me who work hard to make apps, then have people steal them. F the pirates.

Excuse me Mr. Developer but I do NOT pirate ANYTHING! I jailbreak my phone for the sole purpose of installing apps that i PURCHASE that Apple will not allow on the app store like iblacklist. iblacklist is an EXCELLENT piece of work that in my (and many others) opinion should be OUR option to install on OUR device that WE purchased. Along with some pretty nifty modifications that you otherwise would not be able to do. If the end user would like to completly customize the device we purchase we should be freely able to do so. If you bought a car from Dodge and wanted to change the head unit in it to customize it to your liking but Dodge said uh no way you can't take our factory head unit out of our product would you agree with that ??? There is no difference here.

Mav3n

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Touchy...

This is why I think jailbreaking should brick phones. 1) It is uselss. 2) It allows for the piracy of apps, piracy does nothing to help developers like me who work hard to make apps, then have people steal them. F the pirates.

Well hi Mr. Developer...
If you are so concerned with your bottom line (I respect that), perhaps you should also release your works on the JB'd repos for sale. Open your customer base up. With or without the Almighty Brick you are whshing upon the JB community, the community will continue to grow. Since you are so sensitive to the piracy issue (again I respect that), I'm gonna go ahead and guess that your app(s) are most likely over priced and possibly under written to the point that normal users don't want to pay for it/ them.
I and most other members of the community actually support you and your fellow devs. In my case, 100% of the commercial apps on my unit are paid for. Sure there a few bad apples that use the Naughty "I" word to do naughty things, but comparatively, they are few and far between. You'd do well to respect those of us who support the Devs regardless of our JB status, lest we stop buying your code.
</rant>

audicy

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
You know what annoys me, uniformed simpletons who generalize something they don't understand as "wrong" and attack it due to fear.

Useless. Really?! Useless! I wont even justify an argument here cause even the staunchest of "apple rights management supporters" would just laugh at that!

"It allows for the piracy of apps" Yes, that is true (and someone who just pirates apps and only pirates apps is meanie nerf herder!) ......... but booze allows for DUI's, the internet allows for pedophiles to prey on children, and internet forums allow imbeciles to spout ignorance (and drunkards to rebuttal !). Boooo, hiiiisssssss, shut off automobiles and the internets!

I could go on, but all you gave me was "it's dumb and only thieves use it" so that is all i have to work/talk/deal with at the moment.

Man, if you don't like jailbreaking, that is a "you problem". This is an iphone/ipad/itouch forum and all that encompass it is discussed (even tipb employs Allyson, a jailbreak writer, do you then have issues with tipb) and/or try and leave your (biased) politics at the log in screen.

Great post! Couldn't agree more. Everything I was thinking, but too lazy to type it all out! LOL

digitaldiver

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Also

Don't forget about the people at Apple "WE" employ..... you know the ones who try to stop jailbreaking and unlocking of the iphone, without us they wouldn't have a nice fruity job.. :D

Where was I *****ing bout how the iphone is locked down? Nowhere. See, I don't have to because of jailbreaking. You are the one with the jailbreaking issue, and hence the one who is yapping.

"Apple never intended", really, that is your newest defense? Apple never intended for antenna issues, white cases cracking and drunk stooges to cause early reveals! Who care about "intended" anyway. *insert deity of choice here* didn't intended for chocolate covered bacon but that shizz is the awesome.

"It is Apples device..." Really, I didn't see Sir Jobs or the Woz (who has a jailbroken iPhone by the way) pay the 3 bills plus for that portable computer system that happens to make phones calls I now possess. I bought that sexy beast with my soft earned cash and if I wanna use it stock, jailbreak it, use it as a hockey puck, eat it, or make sweet, sweet, digital love to it then I sure as hell will cause guess what, it's not illegal do any of those things (well, maybe the sweet digital love part, but only in Wyoming and North Dakota) Ya, the piracy thing is illegal and karmicly wrong, and I do not condone that at all, but you do understand that here is more to jailbreaking than piracy right? You do understand that jailbreaking, even if you don't do it or like it, drives apple to make changes and push along ideas/apps/features on their end that otherwise would have never come to fruition? You know these things right? Dude (or Missy) you are not arguing/disagreeing/disregarding something without knowing anything about it are you? Please tell me you are not "that guy/girl"?

P.S.

So this doesn't start to completely hijack the thread:

I miss SBSettings soo much.
Winterboard too
Cydia itself (fun to peek at the stuff epople create even if I don't use it)
Backgrounder (better multitasking)
Bitesms (quick reply please)

jduhaime

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
What I would do with a jailbreak...

Honestly, I just want to be able to use different SMS alerts... I still cannot believe Apple only gives you a few obnoxious choices!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I could've sworn there was a similar thread that I answered already...

3G unrestrictor, SBSettings and LockInfo are on top of the list.
BiteSMS being secondary.

The only thing is, I don't think I'll be jailbreaking. It seems to bring more problems
than anything.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner