• I don't care

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • What is JB??

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Any new information on when we will be able to download the jailbreak? It think Apple has taken a very smart approach. They know that the cat and mouse game can not last forever.

So, they announce 4.1. We all think, "wow, this is coming soon, I will download it and then the JB will be released."

The next day, 4.01 is released and we are like, "wow, this is great. when can I jb?"

However, since we know that 4.1 is in the pipeline with features we want, we think to ourselves, "is it better to have a 4.01 jb or 4.1". In other words, is it worth holding out until 4.1?

What do you think?

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the days of a JB iPhone are coming to an end.

The lastest OS had Geohot stumped. He wasnt able to figure it out, so he left.
almost a month after the OS was released, and we still dont have a solid JB. Those that have been about to JB phones are few and far between. It will only get harder.

bobdole3141

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Posted this a few times but here i go again:

If you delay posting jailbreaks because you want to hold back methods that they don't know about for the next patch, they'll just announce new patches every week. It's obvious and inevitable.

Jailbreaking was done to give people full and complete access to their own property, it's about freedom from apple's insecure grasp. Not jailbreaking for fear of apple catching up isn't freedom.

Whilst being cautious is never a bad idea, the current state of affairs is that apple have won - the general public have not/cannot jailbreak their device.

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
What's to say that Apple isn't paying these people off? $1M is nothing to Apple but it is a lot to the developers. I would make the jump - wouldn't you?

This would be smart for Apple since there are only a few people who are able to do this.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

almost a month after the OS was released, and we still dont have a solid JB. Those that have been about to JB phones are few and far between. It will only get harder.

GeoHot was stumped and that's why he left? Where do you get your information. Wow.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
GeoHot was stumped and that's why he left? Where do you get your information. Wow.

You might not like it. But the facts are clear.

He has not been able to jailbreak the new version yet.

He tried to claim he had, then later admitted it was a fake.

He said he was leaving.

What are we missing that you know?

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

He said he was leaving.

I think you are working off the assumption that Geohot was the greatest and best hacker of iphone products, and with his leaving the scene, interpreted as "if he can't do it, no one can"

Except for the fact that without Geohot's help, planetbeing, musclenerd, and the dev team have successfully jailbroken and unlocked the ip4. So its done, simple as that. So theres no need to say anything about Geohot because he's a non issue and the fact is that the jb is done, and the unlock is done. Now we just need to wait for these guys to make it public friendly with a spirit-like 10 second jb and unlock.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

He said he was leaving.

Just bc he's leaving the scene doesn't mean it's bc he threw his hands up in frustration bc he couldn't jailbreak it. Honestly, I'm stumped that your logic lead you down that path.

I don't have anything invested in it, I'm just really surprised people jump down the path of "OMG HE COULDN'T DO IT THAT'S WHY HE'S OUT OF THE SCENE LULZ!". It's kind of ridiculous.

He's been talking about ( even before the release of the iPhone 4 ) that he wasn't having fun with the scene anymore, that it was "like work". He showed he had an untethered jailbreak for the new 3GS and never released it. He showed a jailbreak on the iPad and never released it ( as have many others ). When "fun" becomes work, you stop doing what was once "fun". He walked away from the scene, and after seeing how so many people have treated him on forums and his twitter account, I don't blame him.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Just bc he's leaving the scene doesn't mean it's bc he threw his hands up in frustration bc he couldn't jailbreak it. Honestly, I'm stumped that your logic lead you down that path.

I don't have anything invested in it, I'm just really surprised people jump down the path of "OMG HE COULDN'T DO IT THAT'S WHY HE'S OUT OF THE SCENE LULZ!". It's kind of ridiculous.

He's been talking about ( even before the release of the iPhone 4 ) that he wasn't having fun with the scene anymore, that it was "like work". He showed he had an untethered jailbreak for the new 3GS and never released it. He showed a jailbreak on the iPad and never released it ( as have many others ). When "fun" becomes work, you stop doing what was once "fun". He walked away from the scene, and after seeing how so many people have treated him on forums and his twitter account, I don't blame him.

X9999999999999

Geohot is still the BEST iPhone hacker in my opinion...

bobdole3141

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
There's a "best" hacker? Do they put that in the guiness book of records now or..?

Do people still honestly think that "hacking" is like in that film, "Hackers", where you can be ranked on the worldwide hacking leaderboards?

I'd be surprised if people who spent their time trying to jailbreak the iphone called themselves "hackers".

francolasalsa#IM

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
this thread is being highjacked into a convo about Geohot, let's get back to the main topic . I think they should release it NOW. time is always against a jailbreak and if they wait for 4.1 how long will it be till 4.1.1 is release ?not that long. if it's jailbroken now, then release now (assuming it's ready to be released) as it will be only a month or 2 before 4.1 hits and after that a month or two till 4.1.1 and so on and so forth.

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
well to the developers of the jb it pretty much doesnt matter what apple decides to pull out in terms of updates because you can always downgrade if you saved your shsh for 4.0 correct? Now what matters to the developers of the jb concerning the new updates would be new jb's. To us simple consumers, if you saved your shsh blobs and there is a jb out for it, theres nothing to worry about when it comes to an update. Simply just dont update your phone and you have a jb phone, assuming the devs release a public ready jb for 4.0 and you have your shsh blobs saved.

if i understand the whole process that is.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I can wait for 4.1... I'm running 4.0 on a 3G 8G phone. Had some minor issues earlier but with some tweaking have almost a perfect product. Yet there is much room for improvement. But that's the same with the new iPhone 4. I haven't got the Droped Call issue along with the Antenna problems. We're all dealing with the FALSE Signal Strenght issue. Personally I think THAT was an Apple thing fucused at its competor's. I may be wrong. If so... Apple show the facts...

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I can wait for 4.1... I'm running 4.0 on a 3G 8G phone. Had some minor issues earlier but with some tweaking have almost a perfect product. Yet there is much room for improvement. But that's the same with the new iPhone 4. I haven't got the Droped Call issue along with the Antenna problems. We're all dealing with the FALSE Signal Strenght issue. Personally I think THAT was an Apple thing fucused at its competor's. I may be wrong. If so... Apple show the facts...

It wasn't soo much aimed at hurting their competition, he was right. I "death gripped" my iPhone 2G, Nexus One, and Blackberry, and sure enough, down went the signal bars. He was more making a point than attacking RIM, Google, or anyone else for that matter. It can happen on virtually any phone.

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
From what I've been able to find the False Signal strenght issue is a software problem. The iphone 4 Antenna is a whole new issue. Combined... BAM... "Death Grip"... My point being... The "Map" thing... More Blue or more Red ? I also know the Tower Locations and the total number of Towers help color the map, but if one is naive concerning this (Tower Positions) it is deceptive. On BOTH sides of the fence. At this moment Apple has a HUGE PR problem. They knew the issues before the release... Then they tried the cover up... While we're on the subject... V's claim of more 4G is also skewed... That Service is "Limited" to only a few markets... It is nowhere near nationwide as deceptively portrayed in their "Map" Ad's...

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

e12g6r.jpg

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site

My 3G 4.0 was JB'd 2 days after release. With some tweaking, more tweaking then more tweaking I almost got my phone where I'm satisified. I MUST Stress "ALMOST". Customizing is a continuous process. The customizer reaches one goal, then moves on to his/her next project. Meanwhile he/she realizes there are flaws of his/her own and there you go... Never ending circle... The satisfaction comes when others around you get a touch of your creation, compares it to their "Apple Stock" then begs, entreats, urgently and persistently whines for their "Toy" to be "Just like yours". To bad, I have yet to encounter one of these who are willing to sign off on my "disclaimer" of not being responsible for their mind altering, time consuming, adventure of iPhone Jail Breaking. Go out there and have fun. With the iPhone... :D

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, it should be out Thursday. I can wait two more days. It will be great to play around with it this weekend.

Thanks dev team.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner