Question about Legal Apps, etc.

calred34

May 10, 2010
Visit site
You'll notice I'm a NOOB ... Been jailbroken for about 2 months now - 3GS - 3.1.3 - Been lurking since about last October ... Totally waiting till all you smarter than me folks get us the latest Jailbreak so I can upgrade to 4.0 ... Anway, not my topic. (NO, I'm not going to ask the same question as so many others ...)

I see alot of references to Illegal Apps and Illegal Pirated locations, etc. I REALLY don't want to get into that. But, how do I know if it's an illegal app or illegal pirate location? Can I assume if I get it through Cydia it's OK? Also, I know Cydia gives options to add new install locations ... Is that something I should avoid if I want to avoid these bad bad bad things? Is there a list of good vs bad sites or apps that I can refer to?

I know - alot of questions - but maybe I'm noticing it happen more often and I don't want to accidentally get banned or have my posts edited because I got hooked up with something I shouldn't.

Thanks, Callie

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Im hoping this wont get modded since you are asking to avoid those apps.

Most apps in cydia are not pirated. Created by developers, just not signed by apple (or the app would be in the app store).

Inst***ous is the app thats bad to talk about. It is on cydia if you add a repo, but you should not add this. Im not gonna give details to that or how it works.

So, no, most apps in cydia are not pirated, just ordinary developers that made something with some functionality apple doesn't like so not approved for the app store

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
P.S

This may get deleted or locked since technically its not allowed to talk about, but im unsure since you are trying to avoid that un named app

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
K, i was trying hard to keep it out of there, but help them understand cydia apps arent pirated, but that bad app can be gotten there. Tis a fine line lol.

Even reported my own post to have it checked over :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh