Saved ny shsh but need to confirm

sangamc

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
I have an old-bootrom iphone 3gs that is on ios4. I would like to downgrade and jailbreak since i have been unable to accomplish this succesfully up to now for ios4. I was in europe over christmas and had it jailbroken on 3.1.2. I've jailbroken and restored several devices before and always save the shsh from the cydia app.

for some reason now i cant not down grade coz it appears as if i do not have an shsh saved for any previsou version of ios.

what am i doing wrong and if possible how can i find out what old version i can downgrade to?

thanks. below is my device details.

baseband: 05.13.04
bootloader: 6.4
model MC135
firmware 4.0

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have an old-bootrom iphone 3gs that is on ios4. I would like to downgrade and jailbreak since i have been unable to accomplish this succesfully up to now for ios4. I was in europe over christmas and had it jailbroken on 3.1.2. I've jailbroken and restored several devices before and always save the shsh from the cydia app.

for some reason now i cant not down grade coz it appears as if i do not have an shsh saved for any previsou version of ios.

what am i doing wrong and if possible how can i find out what old version i can downgrade to?

thanks. below is my device details.

baseband: 05.13.04
bootloader: 6.4
model MC135
firmware 4.0

MC doesnt matter for iphones....

Get tinyumbrella, install it, plug in your phone and check your SHSH. it will check cydia.

When you tried to downgrade, did you change your host file to point to sauriks server?

sangamc

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
yes i used tiny umbrella and it gave me the message similar to "one shsh cached" (not sure since i am at work and imac is at home).

I thought for a moment that maybe auriks server was down since some internet posts from the last week or two were proclaiming that.

I also did the host file tango and since i am a network engineer by trade, i even modified my netscreen firewall to redirect all itunes activation traffic to saurik.

if you have more specific info that you would like me to post i dont mind doing it in a few hours when i get back to my house

thanks!

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
yes i used tiny umbrella and it gave me the message similar to "one shsh cached" (not sure since i am at work and imac is at home).

I thought for a moment that maybe auriks server was down since some internet posts from the last week or two were proclaiming that.

I also did the host file tango and since i am a network engineer by trade, i even modified my netscreen firewall to redirect all itunes activation traffic to saurik.

if you have more specific info that you would like me to post i dont mind doing it in a few hours when i get back to my house

thanks!

When it said one cached it should have said what version it had them stored for.

If it says 4.0 is the cached one, you are stuck

sangamc

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
i am going to dash home to check!

so just to summarise:

put iphone in DFU
change host to sauricks server
run tiny umbrella to see if its cached.

Now if it says only 4.0, WTH happened to my previous cached shsh? i know i did it at least twice since i got the 3gs in june last year. (i only JB when i go over seas and i went a couple of times)

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
i am going to dash home to check!

so just to summarise:

put iphone in DFU
change host to sauricks server
run tiny umbrella to see if its cached.

Now if it says only 4.0, WTH happened to my previous cached shsh? i know i did it at least twice since i got the 3gs in june last year. (i only JB when i go over seas and i went a couple of times)

Dont have to put it into DFU for tinyumbrella, just load tinyumbrella and plug in the phone. Dont even have to plug in the phone if you know the device's ECID. If you know it you can just plug in the number on that line and it will check.

Dont change hosts either to run tiny umbrella.

Just plug it in, click to check and it'll say what shsh's are cached. I keep a copy on my computer, so it tells me i have:

3.1.3 saurik and local
4.0 saurik and local

sangamc

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
maybe i need to do it from a windows box since tinyumbrella crashes every time unless the phone is in DFU mode on both my imac and macbook. thought i would be able to sneak out of the office to run a few tests but looks like ill have to wait until the end of the day to check.

thanks for all the pointers ... i have my fingers crossed that i will be able to get past this hurdle :)

sangamc

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
so i install tinyumbrella on my windows box and open the advanced options section. I pasted the ECID, clicked on reset, then clicked on display shsh. There were no results listed for eithe cydia or apple :(. I tried starting the TSS server to see if that needed to be running but it didnt seem to make a difference. is there anything i am missing?

sangamc

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
ps i got my ecid by plugging in the iphone on my imac and checking 'about this mac' for the usb device info
ECID:000003A80A1DF5CE
SRTG:[iBoot-359.3]

sangamc

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
looks like i am stuck until new jailbreak tools are realeased. I hope it doesnt take to long coz id like to give the gift of iphone to one of my non-AT&T friends. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73