Verizon 3g Unlock. Please look.

Branew17

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I've had a couple of different iphones. I know all about jailbreaking, and unlocking. I know that there has to be some way to unlock on verizon. I know that verizon is the U.S runs on a cdma network, but they know offer sim cards that are gsm. For example the blackberry story, the tour is different because unlock the storm that is for global use i believe. Even if verizon's service is cdma i should be able to stick a gsm sim card in, and still be able to rom on T-mobile or at&t correct?

Even if this isn't possible their should be a way to get cdma network on a gsm sim card, and run it like that? I just tried this with a tour sim card, but it didn't work. I'm wondering if a blackberry storm sim would work because that is not for global..

I have done tons of research for that, and I have done tons of research for it. It seems all the good sites, and articles have been removed, and i am assuming this is because verizon does not want you to use non verizon phones because they aren't cool like t-mobile.

Even if there is not a easy solution, there should be a way to hard mod the phone to get it to work, correct? I've seen articles about this, but i can't seem to find it now that i need it.

If you could please just send me any useful links you can find or explain a solution i would be extremly grateful.

Thank you
-Brandon

teryan2006

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
????????

Verizon is CDMA, which DOES NOT use sim cards. The iPhone contains GSM and HSDPA/WCDMA radios only. Those standards DO use sim cards.

The Blackberry Storm and Tour you mention are special World Edition models, which contains both CDMA and GSM radios. Those phones run on Verizon CDMA when in US, can roam on CDMA oversea, but users can put a foreign GSM sim in if they want.

So to answer your question, it's impossible.

fogkeebler

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Even if verizon's service is cdma i should be able to stick a gsm sim card in, and still be able to rom on T-mobile or at&t correct?

Even if this isn't possible their should be a way to get cdma network on a gsm sim card, and run it like that? I just tried this with a tour sim card, but it didn't work. I'm wondering if a blackberry storm sim would work because that is not for global

Hope this helps

GSM and CDMA are types of modulation the radio uses. One can not do the other. It requires 2 totally different radios. GSM uses the Gaussian minimum-shift keying *GMSK* type modulation and CDMA uses Code division multiple access which utilizes spread spectrum technology.

The SIM card used on GSM phones holds the *IMSI* service subscriber key. It identifies you to the network. On CDMA phones this is done through the phones hardware. The spread spectrum technology utilized by the CDMA phone helps in user bandwidth as multiple users can use the same channel at the same time which also makes it damn near impossible to track data and voice over the network.

Bottom line: a Phone can have both GSM and CDMA radios in it, A GSM phone will not talk on a CDMA network period, and a CDMA phone will not talk on a GSM network period. There is no hardware modification in the world that will allow this.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
After everyone switches to LTE (sometime after 2012), we will all need new handsets as few of the existing phones are LTE compatible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73