Pwnd 3.1.2 3GS stuck in infinite reboot loop

nickjhowe

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Help guys! Was preparing my jailbroken 3.1.2 3GS to go back to vanilla to give to my wife. My plan was to delete all the tweaks then upgrade to vanilla 4.0.

I started by going into Settings-General-Reset-Erase all content and settings.

Everything started OK, but now it just sits there with the pineapple on screen and flashes to a black screen very briefly every 20-30 min. The phone does not appear in iTunes, and I can't get it into DFU mode (there is no slide to power off, and if I power-home to do a reset while plugged into the USB cable it immediately reboots as soon as I let go of the buttons)

Any suggestions? :confused:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
turn the phone off hold the home button down and plug in your cable. Keep holding down the home button even after the phone starts up, don't release until you see the USB to iTunes image then you'll be in DFU mode start iTunes and it should say it's found a phone in recovery mode and offer you the option to recover the phone which will install iOS 4 blowing everything else away.

nickjhowe

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! You're a star!

Took nearly 2 minutes of holding the Home button before the phone went into DFU mode but it got there in the end. All the other instructions I'd seen suggested the phone would switch in 10-20 seconds.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73